Secondary Math Teacher, Algebra I and Geometry
- Job Type
Math Teacher, Grade 9 and 10 -- Chavez Schools offers a student focused learning environment, where teachers relentlessly pursue academic excellence in order to prepare students to succeed in competitive colleges.
We are a network of three charter schools across three campuses in Washington DC that offers employees the opportunity to focus on students’ academic growth, empowers professionals to utilize curriculum to create engaging lessons, and supports teachers with mentors, coaches and meaningful professional opportunities.
The Company: Chavez Schools is a pioneer in the education reform movement in Washington DC and is the only school in DC with a public policy mission. Chavez Schools is known for developing teachers into leaders and for empowering our students to be agents of change in the community.
- Our students are known for their appearances on Capitol Hill and in other halls of power around town.
- Our graduates are found working in Fortune 500 companies, in our schools as teachers, and on our Board of Directors.
- Our former teachers are working in our Network and across the city as Master Teachers, Coaches, APs and Principals.
The Position: We are looking for passionate and dedicated educators with a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of teaching experience, preferably in an urban setting. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the academic growth of their students and an ability to work with a diverse population of learners.
The Location: Chavez Schools is based in Washington DC and we have three campuses in the Parkside (NE) (7-12), Columbia Heights (NW) (6-9), and Capitol Hill (SE) (9-12) neighborhoods. All of our schools are conveniently located near Metro stations and in diverse communities. Washington DC is at the center of the education reform movement with robust traditional public and charter school sectors, access to think tanks and universities, and myriad cultural arts.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are committed to student achievement and empowerment
- Chavez offers competitive salaries and generous benefit programs
- Impactful hours (7:45-4:30) that include dedicated time for professional development and co-planning
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within our Network.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview
- Qualified candidates will be invited to the campus for a demo lesson and interview.