Program Associate, Science
- Job Type
Achieve is an independent, nonpartisan, education nonprofit organization dedicated to working with states, districts, schools, and educators to raise academic standards and graduation requirements, improve assessments, and strengthen accountability. Created in 1996 by a bipartisan group of governors and business leaders, Achieve is committed to making college and career readiness a priority across the country so that students graduating from high school are academically prepared for post-secondary success. For more information about the work of Achieve, visit www.achieve.org.
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting Achieve’s work on various national and multi-state initiatives designed to support implementation of standards and high-quality instructional resources and to expand Achieve’s policy agenda , with somel focus on state and district support for implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and evaluate state initiatives and policies with specific attention to standards adoption, implementation of new standards, development of assessments, and other initiatives to advance college and career ready policies in states
- Support the overall work of standards implementation and instructional materials, including assisting with the planning and execution of convenings and state visits, developing content for science meetings, and providing data and policy analyses to states and districts
- Assist in providing targeted technical assistance to states and districts through the development and presentation of findings of Achieve analyses, as needed
- Gather, synthesize and share relevant research and data internally and externally, where appropriate
- Support efforts to proactively respond to emerging policy developments in states and respond to direct inquiries from state leaders regarding Achieve’s standards and instructional materials work
- Provide support, as requested, on research studies to include identifying critical resources, drafting and reviewing reports, analyzing data, and identifying findings
- Support grant development, reporting, and documentation, including drafting grant proposals, developing grant reports, and monitoring grant agreements
- Internal: Content, Policy and Research Team, and Operations Staff
- External: State Agency Staff, District Staff, Project Consultants, K-12 Educators, Partner Organizations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree, plus two to four years of experience in education with some work in education policy preferred. A Master’s degree may take the place of two years of experience. Necessary qualifications must include:
- Some understanding of national and state level education policy issues
- Strong written, oral, graphic, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think independently, to be flexible and to attend to multiple priorities
- Familiarity with financial methods, procedures and practices
- Proven ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language
- Sound judgment and maturity, exemplified by consistent professionalism in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Experience with preparing PowerPoint Presentations including graphical presentations of statistical summaries
- Ability to envision innovative solutions to problems
- Skilled with office productivity software (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Achieve offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Achieve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.
More searches like this
- Product, Services & Policy College/University Full-Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Education Policy College/University Full-Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Grants / Development College/University Full-Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Operations College/University Full-Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Program Manager / Specialist College/University Full-Time jobs in Washington D.C.