LANGUAGE SUPPORT TEACHER
- Job Type
Start Date: Immediate
This position is located in China.
Please apply though our website:
BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/secondary-ell-teachers/
- Administer the WIDA language assessment to the high school students in English Language Services at the end of each semester.
- Administer the WIDA language assessment to new students who are placed into English Language Services within two weeks of them being accepted.
- Compile and share WIDA levels with the English Language Support students’ teachers within two weeks of administering the WIDA assessment.
- Initiate contact with parents of a student who is in English Language services if the student has a D or F in any class at the end of the 1st quarter and as the English Language Services teacher deems necessary throughout the year.
- Compile mid-year WIDA scores and send mid-year update letters to the parents of English Language Services students with the option of a conference if a parent or teacher deems it necessary.
- Collaborate with core content teachers to develop lessons with language objectives and to modify assignments to the WIDA level of every student in English Language Services.
- As time permits, be available to meet with non-core content teachers to develop lessons with language objectives and to modify assignments to the WIDA level of every student in English Language Services.
- Lead monthly professional development sessions about SIOP
- Teach Writing Lab
- Facilitate I-block (after school homework help) twice a week after school from 3:30-4:30
- As students enter TIS who have English level below the level typically accepted at TIS, run survival English classes. These students may be in elementary, middle school or high school divisions.
- Attend classes for co-teaching as time permits and as fellow teachers express need.
- Advocate for students in the English Language Services program in order for them to reach their highest potential in all of their classes.
- Take part in the decision making process about admitting prospective students to the school and deciding whether or not they place out of English Language Services.
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by one’s example and spiritual leadership among peers, and by active evangelization and discipleship of students.
- Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Takes problems first to the person with whom one has the problem, then to the appropriate administrator if necessary.
- University graduate with a degree in education, preferably in their field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Atlanta
- Elementary Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Atlanta
- ELL / ESOL / ESL Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Atlanta
- English / Reading / Language Arts Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Atlanta
- English Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Atlanta