- Job Type
Start Date: Immediate
This position is based in the United Arab Emirates.
To apply, please go to our website: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/finance-director/
Oversees the financial operations of the school so as to maintain viability. Serves as a safeguard against fraud and unnecessary financial liabilities. Monitors budget for over expenditure. In regular communication with head principal regarding financial issues. Ensures that the customer service of the finance office is consistently at a high level. Maintains a high level of confidentiality in financial matters.
REPORTS TO: Head Principal
- Oversee the daily operations of the Finance Department
- Ensure that all expenditures are in accordance with the approved school budget
- Ensure that all expense vouchers are properly signed, translated and coded
- Produce timely and accurate financial statements for the school board
- Produce other financial statements as requested by school administrators and cost center managers.
- Track expenditures monthly for comparison to the budget to ensure that the budget is not exceeded
- Ensure that all school financial obligations are paid on time
- Confirm and oversee distribution of monthly payroll for national and foreign staff
- Draft checks from checking account as requested, and take measures to protect against double payment
- Provide financial information and support to corporate finance as requested.
- Review financial information from Corporate Finance office for accuracy
- Review monthly school credit card statement for accuracy
- Work with auditors for school year audit and annual audit
- Assist head principal in development of annual school budget
- Communicate payment information to parents
- Review monthly, quarterly and semester student accounts to ensure that receivables are kept current
- Calculate and pay corporate fees
- Interface with operations in determining status of accounts with vendors
- Interface with admissions regarding student payment issues.
- Perform monthly close of school books, and provide adequate supporting documentation for each balance sheet item
- Keep abreast of government policies relating to finance and report them to school administration in a timely fashion
- Ensure that interactions of the finance department with parents, government officials, and banking officials are of the highest quality.
- Demonstrates a mature Christian faith and a Christ-centered approach to life and work, with high standards of professionalism
- A strong understanding of, and passion for LDi’s vision, mission and strategy
- At least 7 years of experience in finance or a related field
- Proven leadership ability
- Effective skills in written, spoken and strategic communication
- Ability to translate complex challenges into clear, concise, understandable messages and the capacity to equip others to do the same.
- A highly collaborative and relational skill set
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member