- Job Type
Start Date: 8/1/2019
This position is located in China
Please go to the website to apply: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/athletic-director/
The Athletic Director ensures the smooth operations of all things related to athletics including coordination of athletic activities and managing of coaches. Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and coordinates all sporting events and practices, including securing gym and field space on and off campus and hiring referees.
- Manages the Athletics budget
- Keeps athletic equipment and uniforms organized, stocked and in working order.
- Represents the school in a professional manner with parents, other iSC schools, Chinese schools and any other outside groups to coordinate activities.
- Selects, recruits, and supervises coaches for all sports and attends at least one practice for each sport each season in order to provide feedback.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the athletics handbook and enforces the handbook policies regarding student participation, behavior, and coaching expectations.
- Communicates with the students, staff, school community about practices, games and opportunities to be involved in the athletics department
- Keeps clear records of students’ involvement in all sports, such as varsity, junior varsity, etc.
- Follows the safety and security requirements, including safety checks, pre-visits to off-site locations, confirming the right amount of First Aid trained chaperones for events and completion of a MERP for each event or new sports season.
- Maintains a good connection with the PE Department by providing support when necessary through teaching classes, subbing, sharing equipment, and scheduling athletic events.
- Handles emergency and unexpected situations calmly and follows all established protocols thoroughly.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or Sports Administration is preferred. A bachelor’s degree in Education or an Athletics related field is also acceptable.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with foreign and national students and help them manage behavior on and off the field
- Has ability to independently plan, organize, execute and evaluate for office work, event planning and during events
- Able to engage well with students and inspire them to set goals and better themselves
- Strong command of English
- Good communication skills using a variety of mediums and detail oriented