SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER
- Job Type
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
This position is based in China
Please apply through the website: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/special-needs-teacher/
SUMMARY STATEMENT: Provides overall leadership throughout the school in the area of supporting students with special needs, including working in one-on-one and small group settings, general education settings that require support of special needs students, and training of general education staff.
- Assure appropriate education for identified special needs students throughout the school.
- Create, implement, and assure adherence to students’ individual Action Plans
- Provide training and leadership in the area of special needs training for mainstream staff, both foreign and national.
- Advocate for students’ whose academic and behavioral needs are not being met. Work with staff and administration to determine how to best address these issues given resources available.
- Provide push-in, small group, and individualized instruction as appropriate to meet students’ needs, providing least restrictive environment to the highest degree possible.
- Assure accommodations and modifications indicated in Action Plans are implemented.
- Hold after school classes as needed.
- Create and/or provide a means by which staff can discuss students they observe not making expected progress academically or behaviorally.
- Create and/or provide a referral process to have students assessed for suspected special needs.
- Become knowledgeable about cultural implications of labeling a child with special needs.
- Work with liaisons to determine how to best discuss students’ needs with parents.
- Attend and participate in morning devotions, teacher’s meetings, some evening programs if involving his or her students, annual teacher’s conference, and other meetings as assigned in the teacher’s handbook.
- Complete paperwork including the following:Beginning, mid-year, and end of the year goal forms
- Mid-quarter grade reports 4 times per year (Elementary through HS)
- Report on goals of Action Plans 4 times per year.
- Inventories of classroom equipment/ supplies/books
- End-of-year debriefing evaluation form
- Administration of achievement tests as assigned or required
- Accreditation paperwork
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested
- Building/classroom cleaning and repair
- Tend to the overall appearance of the classroom
- Assist in overall cleanliness and maintenance of facilities
- Promptly report repair needs to the administration
- Complete end of the year cleaning of the classroom area.
- Be available to parents or students who wish to have a conference during or after school.
- Be prepared to join mainstream teachers for twiceyearly conferences with parents of each student with an Action Plan
- Take part in the yearly professional development program as assigned in the annual professional development plan. This includes prescribed activities for teachers in their first and second years of teaching at ISC, along with school-wide emphases and work on individual goals.
- Serve on committees, such as those for accreditation or curriculum review, as requested or assigned.
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
- 14. Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by one’s example and spiritual leadership among peers, and by active life/faith sharing with students.
- Avoid a negative, critical spirit. Takes problems first to the person with whom one has the problem, then to the appropriate administrator if necessary.
- Establish an accountability relationship with a fellow-believer.
- Demonstrate a proactive effort with regard to LDI responsibilities.
- University graduate with a degree in special education, preferably with experience in a variety of special education settings (self-contained, resource model, and push-in)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
More searches like this
- Teaching High School Full-Time jobs in Hartford
- Special Education Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Hartford
- Autism Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Hartford
- Behavior Specialist Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Hartford
- Early Intervention Specialist Teacher High School Full-Time jobs in Hartford