- Job Type
Start Date: 8/1/2019
This is for a position in China
To be considered, please apply online at: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/school-counselor/
Provides support to students, teachers, and parents to ensure an emotionally and socially healthy student body in cooperation with administration and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities Student Support
- Meet with all new students within the first month of their arrival to monitor their adjustment.
- Meet one on one with students who are struggling and need extra support
- Provide small group counseling services as needed
- Connect with teachers regularly to see which students need additional support.
- Provide teachers with suggestions for effective classroom management or ways to help students in the classroom
- Connect with principals weekly to identify and resolve student issues, needs and problems.
- Connect with parents as needed when issues arise with students.
- Creatively collaborate with other staff for ways to support our parent community.
Assist the Student Services team in the administration of department duties. These may include assistance with standardized testing, academic scheduling, student life programs, school wide events and trips, assemblies, university visits, etc.
Participate in professional development relevant to job duties and performance.