HEAD OF SCHOOL
- Job Type
International Position located in China
Position start date: 12/01/2018
Please apply to position through this link: http://teachwithisc.ldiglobal.org/job/head-of-school/
Works closely with the ISC Schools Superintendent, the ISC Support Services team and the ISC Team Director, to lead the planning, executing and evaluating of all programs necessary to fulfill the school’s mission, and that of ISC.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Advocates for the School’s vision and values in all activities, creating a positive learning environment for all students.
2. Administers the school in accordance with the philosophy, policies and procedures adopted by ISC, including being a strong advocate for the ISC Integration Project.
3. Oversees the School Leadership team, providing support and ongoing leadership of different events when needed.
4. Directs the daily operation of the school through supervision of staff, coordination of activities and setting the tone for a quality educational program.
5. Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring of direct reports as part of their professional development.
6. Prepares annual budgets for approval by Corporate Finance.
7. In conjunction with Corporate/School HR, and the School Team Director, oversees HR issues, including hiring of staff, issuing of contracts and performance management.
8. Builds good communication and interaction with parents to promote the school, its philosophy and policies.
9. Consults with parents as requested for problem resolution and provide leadership in parent education and other activities.
10. Provides leadership in obtaining and maintaining accreditation.
11. Provides long term planning with cooperation with other school heads, ISC Support Services Personnel, the Team Director and ISC Superintendent. Develops year calendars and maintains schedule of all school events.
12. Utilizes feedback from students, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of instructional programs and school practices.
13. Represents the school in the area of government relations by actively cultivating relationships.
Qualifications and requirements
1. Demonstrates a mature Christian faith and a Christ-centered approach to life and work, with the ability to maintain a healthy and integrated lifestyle that embraces faith with high standards of professionalism.
2. A strong understanding of, and passion for ISC’s vision, mission and strategy
3. Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in a teaching role and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
4. Possesses a Masters’ degree in Education Administration or 2 years’ experience as a divisional principal and current enrollment in an approved Masters of Education Leadership program
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with foreign and national staff with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
6. Is able to plan, organize, execute and evaluate in a broad range of educational settings, including strategic planning, teacher development and curricular development.