2018-19 ILC Special Education Teacher (temporary for school year)
- Job Type
POSITION: ILC Special Education Teacher (temporary for school year)
LOCATION: William Henry Middle School
REPORTS TO: Principal
STARTING DATE: August 2018
- Teach students with cognitive disabilities.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students including functional life skills.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and -in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicates these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's mission statement.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Meets certification requirements of the State of Delaware for Exceptional Children K-12.
- Strong content knowledge of special Education.
- Successful completion of Praxis II exams.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
- Teacher of Exceptional Children Grades K-12
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.