Network Administrator / Desktop Support
POSITION: Network Administrator / Desktop Support
REPORTS TO: IT Manager of Odyssey Charter School
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To maintain existing school systems, and support for all IT related issues. Assist in all technology related issues and support of student information, instructional and central office operations. Implement technology initiatives and help manage all OCS Technology Vendors relationships.
- Review and address trouble tickets.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades and maintenance.
- Assist in design of WAN, LAN and WLAN infrastructure layouts.
- Configure firewalls, and access points.
- Manage Cisco VoIP phone system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN and LAN issues as they occur.
- Implement network and infrastructure related projects.
- Configure and manage network-monitoring tools.
- Documentation and recording of configurations and repairs.
- Assist in overseeing management and operation of building copiers.
- Participate in strategic technological planning to achieve school goals by assisting in the prioritization of technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technologies.
- Provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist in the coordination of WAN and network operating system support with DTI.
- Participate in the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and backup plan.
- Monitor daily backups of network files and test on a regular basis.
- Oversee the printing environment.
- Conduct new employee setup, orientation and training for all technology applications.
- Supervise service desk function providing technical support, installation, and drops/adds/ Provide user support and technical assistance for instructional and administrative purposes.
- Remain technically competent by attending regular continuing professional education courses, and reading relevant trade publications.
- BA/BS degree OR five (5) years relevant network experience.
- Operations experience in an organization with 500+ users.
- Strong Windows Server (2003 through 2016) experience in a multi-site Active Directory network.
- Broad experience across the entire Cisco product line including Network, Security, & Communications.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to direct work of junior administrator and contractors.
- Have an understanding of sub netting and TCP/IP.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies as the company implements them.
- Ability to prioritize work flows.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. frequently, up to 70 lbs. occasionally, and team-lift/carry heavier objects; ability to work under tables and around obstacles.
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES DESIRED
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem analysis, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
- Respectful team player
- Takes initiative to keep technology skills current
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
System Monitoring and Analysis Tools, Help Desk Ticketing Systems, Online Project Management System, PowerPoint, Excel , Symantec Tools, Avamar, Cisco VOIP, and other software programs.
All candidates must meet Odyssey Charter's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Provide proof of US Proof of Work Eligibility (I-9)
- Submit and pass State of Delaware and Federal Government Background Check.
- Submit PPD Test
Odyssey Charter School is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.