Affective Needs Teacher-Autism
Licensed - Affective Needs Teacher/Affective Needs Teacher
Tollgate Elementary School
- To support student achievement, assess, teach, and support students with significant emotional disabilities in a continuum of services.
- Understand and implement FBA’s and BIP’s with a team approach.
- Supervision of paraprofessionals is part of this position.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding and application of assessment for eligibility and programming in literacy and math.
- Consult and collaborate with general and special education staff are essential.
- Knowledge of EL preferred
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Holds a Colorado teaching license or is currently eligible for one with the appropriate endorsement for this position
- A completed Human Resources file including transcripts, student teaching verification, previous work experience
- Acceptable Licenses
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed Specialist (ages birth thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages birth thru 5) Grade P3-K only
- Early Childhood Special Ed (ages 3 thru 8) Grades P3-2 only
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Special Education Specialist (ages 5 thru 21)
- Severe Needs Affective (ages 5 thru 21)
- Educationally Handicapped (K-12)
- Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization (TEE)
Condition of Employment: As a condition of employment, the individual selected for this position will be expected to complete the APS-sponsored Linguistically Diverse Educator (LDE) Certificate Program within the first three years of employment.
Click here to learn about the Linguistically Diverse Educator Certificate.