- Job Type
We are always looking for compassionate, exceptional educators to join our team! You’ll work collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the achievement of all students in your grade level. You will be encouraged and supported to lead engaging, personalized, and rigorous lessons that integrate our four pillars: Heart, Smart, Think, and Act. You will use data to drive your instruction, regularly assessing student learning to ensure that each child’s personalized learning plan addresses their unique needs and goals for growth. You'll equitably support the development of each child through restorative practices and social-emotional learning strategies. You will build meaningful relationships with families because you believe they are partners, and play a critical role in student success
We are looking for an exceptional Education Specialist to join our team who has broad knowledge of serving students with special needs, compassion and patience for the challenges that students face in the classroom, and creativity to find unique ways to make curriculum accessible.
You’ll work collectively with your grade level colleagues and SpEd team to support our SpEd students in reaching their academic and life goals. You will be encouraged and supported to lead engaging and personalized lessons that integrate all of our pillars: Heart, Smart, Think, and Act.
You will use data to drive your instruction, consistently assessing and reassessing student learning to ensure each child’s personalized learning plan addresses their unique needs and goals for growth. You will support your students’ holistic development by implementing social-emotional programing including Restorative Justice, Mindfulness and PBIS – Positive Behavior Intervention Supports.
What We Look For
It takes a special teacher to work at Caliber. We look for the following values & attributes in our teachers:
- Agents of change – you look to reimagine and disrupt the traditional teaching environment
- Flexible and adaptable – you thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing setting
- Strategic Thinker – you are motivated by constant review and evaluation of student progress
- Highly collaborative – you work best being interdependent with your colleagues and making decisions collectively as a team
- Personal Growth Enthusiast – you are self-aware, reflective and seek out ongoing feedback and coaching to continue to improve your craft
- Strong Commitment – you are resilient in the face of challenge, you are proactive and take initiative to seek out solutions
- Develop & implement Individualized Education Programs.
- Review student records and document service delivery.
- Assess students’ academic and behavioral needs.
- Write academic reports, present levels of performance, goals, and Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Engage in the decision-making process regarding special education placement of students.
- Participate in Individualized Education Program meetings.
- Communicate regularly with parents and care providers to promote generalization of skills to the home environment.
- Plan, organize, and schedule calendar for IEP meetings, initial and triennial evaluations.
- Meet with instructional staff for the purpose of planning, evaluating or problem solving student needs and interventions.
- Prepare material specifically designed for the benefit of individual students.
- Provide academic and behavioral resource services to students with IEPs.
- Provide academic and behavioral interventions to students with learning challenges.
- Maintain special education compliance according to district guidelines.
- are committed to a culture of feedback, development and continuous improvement.
- validate and affirm the identities, strengths and passions of each person.
- know that It is everyone’s collective responsibility to work in service of and alongside our school communities.
- approach situations and people with empathy and kindness.
- Experience working with individuals with emotional disorders and/or challenging behaviors preferred.
- Comfort with technology: basic skills in navigating computer hardware and software
- Organizational skills: ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Analytical and problem solving ability:
- Use data to drive instruction and results
- Ability to deeply understand each student’s needs and help them achieve their goals
- Communicates effectively with others: shares ideas directly and respectfully & advocates for needs
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Education Specialist Instruction Credential preferred. Intern Credential accepted.
Salary scales are based on years of experience and expertise. Scales are competitive with other charter school organizations and local districts.
More information about Caliber Schools can be found at www.caliberschools.org.
Caliber Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply for Education Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Teaching Middle School Full-Time jobs in Vallejo
- Special Education Teacher Middle School Full-Time jobs in Vallejo
- Behavior Specialist Teacher Middle School Full-Time jobs in Vallejo
- Early Intervention Specialist Teacher Middle School Full-Time jobs in Vallejo
- Emotional / Behavioral Disabilities Teacher Middle School Full-Time jobs in Vallejo