- Job Type
THIS POSTING IS FOR 3 VACANCIES IN TITLE1-TURNAROUND SETTINGS:
Gregory Drive Elementary, Long Branch Elementary, & Rutledge Pearson Elementary
Improves math instruction and content knowledge by coaching, training, and supporting school-based mathematics teachers.
- 1. Assist school administrators and math teachers with analysis of school, class, and individual student data to determine needs in mathematics.
- 2. Conducts focus walks with state, district, and/or school-based personnel to collect and analyze data to plan for instruction and professional development.
- 3. Assists mathematics teachers with planning instruction and assessments based on national and state standards and benchmarks; use of pacing charts and instructional strategies and materials; and use of data from formative assessments and district assessments to improve instruction.
- 4. Supports math teachers with planning instruction to meet student needs through differentiated instruction.
- 5. Provides classroom support by observing, modeling, co-teaching, and providing specific feedback. Interprets state and district mandates for math teachers and how these mandates support student achievement.
- 6. Provides support for school-based professional development to build school training capacity.
- 7. Develops and delivers school-based professional development in mathematics content and instructional strategies for assigned grades or content area, based on targeted school needs and identified teacher needs.
- 8. Provides follow-up support at the school level for district professional development in mathematics.
- 9. Supports school leadership teams in development and facilitation of professional learning communities for professional study and collaborative work such as lesson study and examining student work.
- 10. Facilitates implementation of standards-based instruction by participating in district, regional, and/or state meetings.
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master degree preferred.
Experience: ELEMENTARY--Three (3) years of experience teaching elementary school
Certifications & Licenses: Elementary--Mathematics K-5 and/or 1-6 Professional certification;
Apply for Math Coach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly