Lead and Assistant Teachers
- Job Type
Do you love working with children? Come help us make a difference by shaping the future of our students! At Endeavor Schools, we are passionate about unleashing individual potential, so the children we serve thrive!
Endeavor Schools is a stable growing family of private schools committed to creating better education for a better world. Through optimal teaching and learning environments, we seek to engage families and team members to surface their hopes and dreams for education and provide our schools with the tools and resources to transform those ideas into reality.
As part of the Endeavor Schools Family, The Children's Garden (with 2 campuses in Portland - Downtown and Field Office) and Montessori of Alameda are dynamic learning environments where unique interests can thrive.
We are currently seeking Lead and Assistant Teachers
- At least 2 years of experience working with children in a certified child development center (more experience preferred).
- Teacher qualified according to the State of Oregon professional standards, or working toward this qualification.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Montessori Training a plus for Montessori of Alameda
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in infant care and OCCD standards.
- Caring and nurturing attitude toward children.
- Collaborative and teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage day-to-day classroom responsibilities including custodial care duties, curriculum and daily experience planning, and purposeful observation of children's needs.
- Assistant Teachers will Assist Lead in planning and implementation of program.
- Develop and maintain a constructive, nurturing, and professional rapport with parents and children.
- Create activities that are fun and developmentally stimulating for children.
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure the school fosters an environment that is child-centered and inviting.
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment that promotes professional development and self-growth, we offer a lot of perks too: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, short-term disability, life insurance, flexible paid time off, education scholarships, and faculty tuition discounts for eligible employees.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. At Endeavor Schools, we strive to inspire and draw out the best in each other by celebrating our differences. All aspects of consideration for employment with Endeavor Schools are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.