Superintendent, Chambersburg Area School District
- Job Type
The Chambersburg Area School District is seeking a dynamic educational leader to serve 10,071 students in 13 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 senior high school and one career magnet high school. The general fund budget for 2018-19 is approximately $143 million.
More than 61,000 people live in the district, which is composed of the Borough of Chambersburg and five surrounding townships.
CASD serves a diverse student population of approximately 67.5% White/Caucasian students; 19.3% Hispanic/Latino students; 7.8% African American/Black students; 5.3% multi-racial students; and <1 % from other groups. 53.5% of students are economically disadvantaged and 56.7 % receive free and/or reduced lunch.
Superintendent/Central Office Experience Required
Evidence of Excellent Communication Skills
Evidence of Dealing With Long and Mid-Range Planning, and Analysis of Finances, Academics, and Facilities Plans.
Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility for the Commonwealth of PA (or eligibility) Required
Applicants should have experience that supports CASD’s vision, beliefs, and goals:
- Educational programs shall be guided by data-driven decisions supporting best teaching practices that prepare every student for the future success
- Students, families, the schools, and community share the responsibility and accountability for teaching and learning.
- Every student deserves a well-rounded education with high academic standards.
- Meaningful instruction removes barriers to learning and applies real time solutions to problems faced by a diverse world
- Learning takes place best in a positive and safe environment.
Please visit https://www.casdonline.org to learn more about the District. Screening is ongoing. To apply, please visit www.hyasearch.com