Junior Sales Account Executive
Editorial Projects In Education, Inc. (EPE), the publisher of Education Week, and the nation’s leading source for coverage of K-12 education issues and news, seeks an Account Executive to drive revenue growth from an assigned list of prospects and provide support Regional Managers on Advertising Marketing Solution team.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for a high-performing, consultative, B2B growing sales professional to work for a highly-respected brand, and benefit from extensive coaching and support.
Education Week’s influential digital, print, social, and mobile channels, research, and live and virtual events, serve an audience of over one million school district leaders and educators, industry executives, and policy makers working in the field of K-12 education. The Account Executive will generate revenue from a rich suite of integrated advertising, lead generation, content marketing, and sponsorship products that connect advertisers with EPE’s audience.
EPE is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD. We are within short walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops, the Metro, and are adjacent to The Capital Crescent Trail. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, an onsite gym, and a collegial and collaborative work environment.
- 0 - 2 years in a consultative sales role (ideally B2B), with history of achieving or surpassing quota.
- Experience in some or all of the following:
- Drive revenue growth from an assigned list of prospects
- Provide support to Regional Managers on Advertising Marketing Solution team
- Breaking through to hard-to-reach prospects and accounts
- Generating and managing a strong pipeline, driven by a high volume of meetings/presentations/conversations
- Not required but a plus: experience selling marketing solutions (advertising, lead generation, technology, etc.), information/research/consulting products, and/or selling to senior-level marketing or sales leaders.
- Excellent preparation and discovery skills. Must be able to uncover customer pain and respond to challenges with ideas and solutions that build long-term relationships.
- Willingness to develop knowledge and subject matter expertise in B2B marketing/sales, K-12 education, B2B media and advertising, and general business strategy.
- Strong organizational skills: experience setting appointments, proposal creation, campaign optimization and report distribution
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement. Must be open to coaching and willing to adapt.
- Focus on results and ability to thrive in a culture of accountability.
- Comfort working in a commissioned sales environment with a competitive base salary and significant potential for upside.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- PC proficiency, including Word, PowerPoint, email, and Internet, and demonstrated ability to learn new applications and processes quickly. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
How to apply: Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include “Account Executive” in the subject line.