Senior Recruitment Manager
- Job Type
Harlem Village Academies is a K-12 charter network in Harlem committed to the ideals of progressive education. HVA is associated with the Progressive Education Institute, which offers training and support for gifted, hard-working teachers who are passionate about student independence and uncompromising about depth and quality of instruction
As a Senior Recruitment Manager, you will assume a leadership position on the recruitment team and work closely with school leaders to identify, attract, and hire exceptional teachers. You will cultivate a deep talent bench for our schools, building lasting relationships in the NYC education community and beyond.
- Promote Harlem Village Academies as a unique place for educators, with its focus on progressive pedagogy, deeper learning, and a rich intellectual life for teachers.
- Identify high-performing teachers aligned with our progressive pedagogical philosophy and stimulate their interest in HVA.
- Facilitate a seamless recruitment process, providing first-class customer service for candidates and school staff.
- Build close and effective relationships with principals to match talent to schools’ needs.
- Cultivate relationships and network continuously, to maintain a pipeline of top-tier candidates
- Host and attend recruitment events on some nights and weekends, plus some travel.
- 3+ years of recruitment experience.
- K-12 teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to recognize and attract outstanding talent.
- Can compellingly communicate the transformative potential and complex challenges of progressive education in a high-needs urban setting.
- Ability to connect deeply with people, maintain trust, and navigate sensitive issues with colleagues and candidates.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and can operate resourcefully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly organized and diligent, with top-notch project-management skills.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.