Nutrition Supervisor I
Nutrition Services Positions/Nutrition Supervisor I
Adams City High School
185 days per year/5 days per week/ 8 hours per day
POSITION: Nutrition Supervisor I
LOCATION: Adams City High School
- Supervises production of meals to be served to students per regulations from US Department of Agriculture and the Colorado Department of Education Office of School Nutrition
- Prepares and oversees catering production and execution within the District
- Responsible for basic bookkeeping
- Reports to Nutrition Supervisor II
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math, writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Basic operating knowledge of slicers, stoves, ovens, mixers, computers, steam tables, serving equipment and measuring devices preferred.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to follow written recipes
- Ability to Read, Write and Speak English
- 2-3 years experience in school food service or other kitchen environment
- 2-3 years Culinary / Chef experience
- Daily 18% - Prepare all meals and snacks in compliance with safety, sanitation and Child Nutrition Program regulations.
- Daily 10% - Execute production of Catering as ordered so as to be transported and served on time
- Daily 10% - Assist in directing and overseeing the serving of food to customers, meeting all portion control and sanitation requirements.
- Daily 5% - maintain appropriate records
- Daily 5% - Handle all paperwork required and ensures timeliness of its completion.
- Daily 8% - Operate equipment such as electric slicers, knives, stoves, ovens, mixers dishwashers and computers.
- Daily 5% - Train assistants in areas of skills needed according to tasks they perform based on assigned work.
- Daily 5% - Assist with, direct and oversee cleaning of various equipment and work area.
- Weekly 10% - Assist with, direct and oversee storing of all food and non-food items.
- Weekly 10% - Assist with, Order all food and non-food supplies necessary to meet the customer's needs and program requirements
- Weekly 7% - Training of employees in all areas of kitchen in order to perform any tasks as needed.
- Monthly 2%- Attend training offered to obtain and maintain knowledge required in areas of Child Nutrition Program regulations, customer service, management, personnel, sanitation, safety and other required skills.
- Ongoing 5% - Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITY: Directly supervises Nutrition Services Assistants. Spends up to 50% of time conducting supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; training employees; appraising performance; and assisting with hiring and disciplining.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING: Work is assigned by Nutrition Services Manager. This position requires application of position knowledge to efficiently oversee kitchen operations and follow Nutrition Services guidelines. Work is guided by Adams School District 14 policies and procedures. Decision making requires collaboration with the manager of department and co-workers. Supervisor is occasionally involved in decision making.
SAFETY TO SELF AND OTHERS: Low exposure to self to bruises, chemical burns, fractured bones, disease, loss of limb and sight and disfigurement due to working in kitchen environment. Medium exposure to self and others to cuts, heat burns, hernia, repetitive motion or stress due to working with various kitchen equipment.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and use interpersonal skills. Frequently required to coordinate and compile. Occasionally required to compare, analyze, copy, instruct, compute, synthesize and negotiate.
SALARY: Range 7 of the Classified Employee Salary Schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled/subject to closing at any time
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Nutrition Supervisor I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly