IT Business Analyst
- Are you an IT Business Analyst looking for a new challenge?
We are the 2nd largest for profit early education company headquartered in Novi, MI . We are growing organization and our IT team needs your help. We are adding a Business Analyst. This role will be responsible for the information
requirements and business analysis deliverables for all IT-related systems critical to core organizational functions. Perform analysis, design, testing and create documentation to support the development, enhancement, and
maintenance of business critical systems. Be an integral role in the design of IT solutions while providing application support for some of the company's most critical business systems.
- Perform facilitation processes to drive out requirements from all levels of business and technical clients using group and collaborative methods in order to ensure that the systems meet the short and long term business goals for Learning Care Group.
- Plan and implement application test strategies while creating and executing test scripts in alignment with user stories to ensure high levels of quality for business systems.
- Create user stories and conditions of acceptance to ensure alignment with the business and IT strategies and standards.
- Ensure system issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner and communicate needed changes to development team.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, peers, staff, and other employees to ensure issues and solutions are understood.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or technical field required.
- Minimum 2 years of analytical skills and requirements gathering related to application development.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities. Effective communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Proficient time management, organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with non-technical, functional user community while being able to translate customer needs and business requirements into features and high-level functions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technology and business concepts to diverse groups and work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to solve problems, design solutions, and implement improvements in business applications.
- Strong knowledge of structured analysis and design techniques (i.e. Use Cases, Workflow models, Gap Analysis, Decomposition diagrams, etc.)
- Possess high-quality written and verbal presentation skills (i.e. facilitating work/JAD sessions, informative and well organized requirements, negotiation skills, presentations)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as SQL Server, Windows and
various software programs, such as Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Strong familiarity with project management software. Familiar with programming languages, including Object Oriented .Net/JAVA, SQL.
- Requires travel up to 10% of work time.