Instructional Coach, ELA
- Job Type
Position Summary: Instructional Coaches will lead and facilitate change in the instructional practices of Chavez teachers that will result in improved outcomes for all students, increased job satisfaction for teachers and the development of professional learning communities across the system.
The Company: Chavez Schools is a pioneer in the education reform movement in Washington DC and is the only network in DC with a public policy mission. We are a network of three charter schools across three campuses in Washington DC that offers employees the opportunity to focus on students’ academic growth, empowers professionals to utilize curriculum to create engaging lessons, and supports teachers with mentors, coaches and meaningful professional opportunities. Chavez Schools is known for developing teachers into leaders and for empowering our students to be agents of change in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead the content area team meetings to ensure effective data analysis, monitoring student growth, and content knowledge development
- Provide leadership in collaboration with principals and vice principals to create coaching plans, and professional learning opportunities aligned to school, teacher, and student needs
- Ensure the learning needs of all students are met
- Provide guidance to a portfolio of teachers to improve instructional practices through observation, debriefing, lesson rehearsal, co-planning, co-teaching, and modeling effective instructional practices for teachers
- Lead teachers in diagnosing specific learning needs and in developing a targeted plan of action to address identified deficiency areas
- Engage in self-reflection and continuous improvement by implementing feedback from school leadership and participation in network-wide professional development
- Ensure teachers monitor student progress, making instructional decisions based on student achievement
Why Should You Apply?
- You are committed to student achievement and empowerment
- Chavez offers competitive salaries and generous benefit programs
- Impactful hours (7:45-4:30) that include dedicated time for professional development and co-planning
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within our Network.
The Applications Process
- Complete the online application on our website HERE or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Team will schedule a phone interview and performance task
- Qualified candidates will be invited to an onsite 360-degree interview process.