High School Math Teacher
- Job Type
Moreau Catholic High School, a co-educational, Catholic high school in the Holy Cross tradition, is currently seeking a Full-Time Math Teacher for the 2018-2019 academic year. The successful candidate will have experience teaching AP Geometry and Algebra 2.
Located in Hayward, California, Moreau Catholic is a college preparatory community that strives to educate the hearts and minds of our students. We are looking for candidates who embrace 21st century learning, a positive approach to student discipline, and a Holy Cross commitment to provide our students the opportunity to grow in academic, social, and spiritual learning experiences.
Candidates should currently possess a California Teaching Credential and/or working toward a credential, and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics. High school teaching experience is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain a safe classroom environment and promote safety procedures for students.
- Maintain high standards of student performance, and engage students using a variety of pedagogical methods.
- Leverage technology in ways that enhance learning.
- Demonstrate and promote the responsible use of technology as a learning tool
- Provide help for students outside of class time.
- Collaborate with other members of the math department for shared equipment, methods, and assignments.
- Establish a learning environment where every student’s right to learn is respected.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of progressive mathematical pedagogy.
Moreau Catholic offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including paid stipend for a Masters or Doctorate degree.
Find out more about Moreau Catholic at www.moreaucatholic.org
To apply, send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com