Personal Care Aide (One-on-One)
The Great Valley School District in Malvern, PA is seeking Personal Care Aides (One-on-One).
This position offers a great stepping stone into the education industry and presents a excellent opportunity to network with other faculty and school administrators. According to a recent LinkedIn study, 70% of job applicants get a job through someone they know.
Required training including First Aid/CPR and CPI/Restraint Training will be provided and compensated.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the special education teacher.
- Provide behavioral support (redirect, task focus, mediation) for student.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting, grooming, feeding).
- Assist student with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student with his/her assessable technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, or moving throughout the building. Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and have vision requirements of near acuity of 20 inches or less and far acuity of 20 feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Experience with special needs students is preferred but not required.
This position will be contracted through Insight Workforce Solutions. The selected candidate(s) will work in the Great Valley School District on a daily basis.