Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Job Type
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg School (CMS) system—the 18th largest school system in the nation—is looking for an Associate Superintendent – Chief Academic Officer. In this position, you will establish the strategic vision and direction for the instructional framework and pedagogical approach to CMS’s academic programs. You will be instrumental in maximizing academic achievement in every classroom. The Associate Superintendent – Chief Academic Officer will provide leadership in accordance with the district’s educational philosophy, long range goals, and objectives, and ensure the strategic plan is fully realized throughout the organization.
The ideal individual for this position:
- Has Great Knowledge of Academic Pedagogy – You will direct the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of instructional programs, and recommend appropriate changes to increase student achievement. You will report to and inform the Superintendent on all matters related to areas of learning and teaching, continuous improvement planning, and student assessment.
- Has Strong Leadership Skills – You will direct, supervise, and evaluate instructional supervisors, holding them accountable for achieving results in student learning.
- Is a Strategic Thinker – You will assist the Superintendent with the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan and long-range system goals.
- Is a Relationship-Builder – You will establish and maintain effective relationships with school districts, and other stakeholders to keep abreast of new educational trends and ideas and legislative changes impacting the field of public education.
- Master’s Degree in School Administration
- Five years teaching experience, five years of school-based/district experience
- Superintendent’s License or Principal’s License
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in School Administration
- Over five years of teaching experience, over five years of school-based/district administrative experience
This is a 12 month position with an annual salary ranging from $122,824.00 - $159,494.40.
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit http://bit.ly/CMSCAO and fill out an application and apply directly to the Associate Superintendent – Chief Academic Officer position