- Job Type
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Under the direction of the school principal, plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Plan instruction, monitor and evaluate student outcomes. Communicate and interact with students, parents, staff and community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
These minimum performance expectations are intended as illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meet the needs, interest and abilities of students.
- On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicate these objectives to students.
- Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of Culpeper County Public Schools curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Take all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, Culpeper County School Board policy and administrative regulation.
- Furnish required reports within specified timelines with regard to scheduling and instructional activity as requested by the school administration.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Make provision for being available to parents for education-related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, students, parents and community which reflect recognition of and respect for every individual.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attend all staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal, Supervisor of Special Education, and Division Superintendent.