English Language Learner Aide
Support Staff/ELL Aide
Job Category: Aide
Title: ELL Aide
Qualifications: *48 College Credit Hours or the ability to pass a State Approved Assessment within 90 days of employment.
*Able to speak, write and read a foreign language
*Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Reports To: ELL Teacher and Building Principal
The English Language Learner Aides will work with the ELL teachers to deliver the district's program for teaching English to students acquiring the English language in the context of the K-12 academic curriculum at one or more schools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Provide native language support to students who speak or understand two or more languages.
- Serve as a communication link between home and school, translating notes and/or telephoning parents as needed.
- Provide ELL teachers and classroom teachers with information on student's performance as needed.
- Follow the daily schedule prepared by the ELL teacher and report scheduling concerns to him/her. Building assignments are subject to change as ELL students move in and out of district.
- Provide support within the classroom to ELL students during direct instruction. Follow directions of the classroom teacher during time scheduled in their room.
- Provide tutoring support as needed under the direction of the classroom or ELL teacher.
- Attend meetings regarding ELL students and serve as an interpreter when requested.
- Serve as a resource to classroom teachers in modifying lessons for ELL students.
- Be aware of and follow building procedures as directed by the building principals(s).
- Attend scheduled district trainings for ELL Aides.
Salary Range: Pay will range from $12.29 to $13.29 per hour.
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated a minimum of 1 time per year.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Director of Human Resources, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Director of Exceptional Student Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000
Apply for English Language Learner Aide
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly