Teacher Assistant (Elementary)
- Grade Level
- Elementary School
Support Staff/Teacher Assistant
Job Category: Aide
Title: Teacher Assistant
Qualifications: *48 College Credit Hours or the ability to pass a State Approved Assessment within 90 days of employment
*High School Graduate
Reports To: Supervising Teacher & Building Principal
The purpose of the teaching assistant is to provide additional planning time for elementary classroom teachers. The Teacher Assistant's time may be divided in various ways. Duties include, but are not limited to, working with students one on one, in small groups, or entire classrooms. Following instructions left by classroom teachers, managing data, overseeing computer programs, and various other odd jobs related to students needs are also performance expectations. The Teacher Assistant must be able to keep a tight schedule in order to maintain negotiated plan time expectations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Provide clerical support to teachers to include but not limited to; entering and main
- Supervision of students before and after school.
- Provide student instruction with pre-established lessons, including tutoring.
- Provide whole class supervision of activities and assignments
- taining data, grading, running reports, copying, bulletin boards, laminating etc.
- Work with individual students and or small groups of students to include but not limited to; assessments, progress monitoring and instruction.
- Supervise recess, lunch, halls or other areas of students.
- Provide technology support and supervision for students.
- Assist in facilitation of building wide Safe and Civil School plan.
- Maintain appropriate student records and confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as determined by the building leadership.
Salary Range: Pay will range from $12.91 to $13.91 per hour
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated a minimum of one time per year.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Personnel Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Executive Director of Special Education, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000