Program Manager, eLearning (Corwin)
- Job Type
Corwin, a SAGE Company, is embarking on an exciting new product initiative to develop innovative online learning models for K12 teachers. This role will be an essential leader and contributor to the long-term vision and execution of this exciting teacher professional learning initiative. The Program Manager is responsible for the strategic development and management of Corwin’s online course business, which focuses on teacher licensure and recertification, as well as cohort-based and personalized professional learning opportunities supported and organized by schools and districts. The Program Manager oversees course and content development, engages with Corwin authors, leads project management of key business operations, and business line roadmap planning to ensure that Corwin’s online courses meet and exceed the needs of educators, map to and fulfill state-specific requirements, or other accreditation needs and opportunities. The Program Manager will lead the design and development of innovative, engaging online learning design with a focus on delivering job-embedded and relevant learning opportunities in support teachers and their students. The Program Manager, working closely with the Senior Program Director for eLearning, will represent Corwin among multiple departments and work teams across Corwin and SAGE and will coordinate a variety of cross-functional projects or tasks to launch and scale this new product line.
The specific job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Product and Service Development and Management
- Working with the core business team, triangulate research and state & district requirements to develop and regularly refine the online course catalog that meets states', accrediting bodies', and teachers' needs for licensure, recertification, and other competency-based learning opportunities.
- Working closely with Editorial and other teams, identify and develop author and subject expert potential, leveraging existing author relationships and establishing a community of subject matter experts for work-for-hire
- Draft and negotiate course development and service contracts with authors, vendors, and partners
- Oversee all course design and development, including establishing course outcomes, identifying key features and components for courses, and building in quality assignments and assessments that have an immediate impact on teacher practice
- Oversee the content planning, project coordination, development, editing, and reuse of video as relates to course design and development and related products or opportunities
- Manage the relationships and work of course facilitators, graders, and evaluators to offer superior support, expertise, coaching (where appropriate), and service to users
- Monitor course and business line performance regularly and identify content for new courses, adaptations or course extensions
- Innovate on course design, models, and online experiences, and collaborate with the Professional Learning teams on ways to offer multiple entry points and experiences for certification and professional learning
Product Innovation and Business Development
- Maintain a current understanding of what key competitors are doing in terms of professional learning coursework and online experiences and communicate this to a wide range of business units as required
- Working closely with the Senior Program Director, Marketing, and Corwin leadership team, investigate new partnership opportunities for resource and service development with key associations, organizations, consultants, and technology partners
- Ensure a robust business and market development approach to strategic planning, development, and launching of new courses and related products and services
- Collaborate closely with Corwin marketing, sales, and product teams to support market development, sales, customer training, and revenue growth of program products and services
- Act as an ambassador internally and externally for Corwin for the business line and more generally, build our reputation as a distinctive, independent, full-service publishing and service partner of choice for K12 professional learning
Management and Leadership
- Manage the course development and service team, which may include course managers, LMS specialists, facilitators, graders, evaluators, and SMEs.
- Manage and guide staff performance, including meeting regularly to track annual progress on goals and professional growth targets, writing performance appraisals, and coaching, mentoring, leading individuals and teams
- Coordinate broader cross-functional work across the core course development teams and Editorial, Marketing, Sales, Professional Learning, and back-office teams.
- Contribute all relevant financial data pertaining to course and related product development, including those with contracts pending for annual Corwin frontlist budget and regular reforecasting exercises
- Monitor all local and long-distance travel to stay within T&E budget
- Contribute to the product teams’ development of revenue goals and monitor progress toward sales targets and overall performance of the line, especially as relates to decision-taking for future development and build of learning pathways
- Obtain all necessary cost estimates for projects in development
- Develop fluency with business line P&L and contribute to profitability measures for the line.
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Identify and weigh short- and long-term benefits/drawbacks of a given course of action and to chart an appropriate course of action in light of same
- Negotiate complex contracts
- Serve as primary liaison for all areas of course development
- Represent Corwin at national organization conferences (invited lunches, receptions, presentations), and various regional meetings
- Demonstrate to authors, consultants, and clients why Corwin is the right professional learning provider for their work
- Develop relationships with competing or complementary organizations, associations, distributors, and other industry partners
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree from an accredited university
- At least 5-8 years experience in the education industry with emphasis on digital formats and developing online products/experiences
- Understanding of the education market, and ideally, professional development
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design and adult learning best practices
- Extensive experience and successful track record in project management, including coordination across various team members and stakeholders
- Experience in developing or coordinating the development of various media, including video, online features, interactive learning objects, and interactive or adaptive assessment
- Ability to supervise highly-skilled content experts, technical support staff, facilitators and graders, and designers (artistic and online-feature-specific)
- Experience working with various technology or content partners, including ability and experience to negotiate contracts and develop appropriate scope of work protocols.
Please submit your resume and cover letter the SAGE (parent company) career site:
We have one mission: to enhance education through intentional professional learning.
Corwin, a SAGE company, is the premier provider of professional learning products and services that equip educators to improve teaching and learning. Corwin offers print books and ebooks, digital professional development products, institutes, and on-site consulting services for all types of educators at all stages of their careers. Corwin resources are authored by experts on the topics most relevant to you; formatted for hands-on, practical guidance; research-based and peer reviewed for quality; and suitable for professional learning settings and courses in education. Whether you are an administrator leading school reform or a teacher looking for solutions to daily challenges, we are committed to helping you reach your full potential so you can help children reach theirs.
Learn more about our values, mission, and what it’s like to work at Corwin at https://us.corwin.com/en-us/nam/about-corwin.
More searches like this
- Teaching College/University Full-Time jobs in Thousand Oaks
- Online Teaching College/University Full-Time jobs in Thousand Oaks
- Professor / Teacher Education College/University Full-Time jobs in Thousand Oaks
- Curriculum / Instruction Professor College/University Full-Time jobs in Thousand Oaks
- Educational Leadership Professor College/University Full-Time jobs in Thousand Oaks