Principal, Zion Elementary School District 6
- Job Type
Principal, Zion Central Middle School (7-8)
Zion IL 60099
The District and the Community
Zion Elementary School District 6 serves about 2,800 students who reside in the City of Zion, Il, a community of 24,000 residents 45 miles north of downtown Chicago.
Zion Central Middle School enrolls 570 students in grades 7 and 8. Of the student body, 41% are African-American, 47% are Hispanic, 6% are White and 6% are multi-racial. 85% are low income and 7% are of limited English-proficient. The attendance rate is 91% and the average mobility rate is 12%. The principal will work with 2 Assistant Principals and 2 Deans to provide leadership to the approximately 70 staff members in 2018-2019.
The primary functions of the Principal are to fulfill:
- Living a mission and vision focused on results
- Leading and managing systems change
- Improving teaching and learning
- Building and managing collaborative relationships
- Leading with integrity and professionalism
- Creating and enforcing a culture of high expectations for students and staff.
The essential duties are:
- To uphold the Board of Education’s policies, regulations and administrative procedures
- To support, implement, promote and enhance the district’s educational program through effective management practices.
- An Illinois Professional Educator License with General Administrative or Principal Endorsement and completion of the Teacher Evaluation Modules
- Experience as a building principal at the elementary, middle or high school level
- Understanding and experience with curriculum design, planning and evaluation
- Strong written and oral communication skills with parents, colleagues, administration and other members of the school community
- Ability to instruct students effectively and capably
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to use web-based programs, e-mail, computers and Smartboards effectively.
- Regionally competitive salary, retirement and insurance plans.
- Apply on line at www.hyasearch.com
- Interviews begin in mid-May. The position begins August 1, 2018, and is open until filled.
Zion District 6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer