High School Principal - award winning school in beautiful CAPE COD, MA
Nauset Public Schools is seeking a passionate and visionary educational leader for our Regional High School located on beautiful Cape Cod in Eastham, MA. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced Principal to work with a high-performing team of innovative and collaborative educators who are committed to supporting the success of all students.
Nauset offers an excellent and extensive program of studies including numerous AP Classes, International Baccalaureate Programme option, Fine Arts, Music, World Languages, Robotics and much more. The current high school enrollment is approximately 1,000 students, grades nine through twelve, from a four town region (Brewster, Eastham, Orleans and Wellfleet and tuition students from Provincetown and Truro). The 72 acre campus is situated in the heart of the National Seashore Park in North Eastham, MA. Nauset also has numerous sports teams, clubs and extracurricular activities as well as an award-winning music and fine arts program. 1:1 iPad technology is integrated across the curriculum to create 21st century learners.
SPECIAL RECOGNITION AND AWARDS:
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Vanguard School of Excellence
- Massachusetts Compass Award
- US News & World Report Silver Medal School - National Best High Schools
Visionary Educational Leadership
- Provide instructional leadership that sets the tone for excellence for the school.
- Foster a vibrant and positive school culture that is inclusive and values the input of students, staff and parents.
- Recruit, build, sustain and manage a collaborative, high-achieving team of returning and new teachers and staff members.
Operations and General Administration
- Oversee daily operations of the school, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place to support the needs of the students, staff and community.
The ideal principal candidate will have:
- Professional Certification as a High School Principal in MA or ability to obtain in MA.
- Strong sense of urgency in addressing the needs of our students and a relentless drive to attain excellence.
- School leadership experience with a track record of high levels of individual student growth.
- Minimum of three years’ experience teaching in a public district, private school or charter school with demonstrated success in moving student achievement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration and a team orientation.
- Ability to lead and inspire others and a demonstrated record of success in leading a cohesive, culturally-inclusive team.
- Effective problem solver and project manager with strong attention to effective implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to effect positive organizational change.
- Proficient in the use of technology with a vision for powerful use in the classroom.
- Ability to authentically connect with students, parents and the larger Nauset community as well as external partners.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and support among staff and community partners for the school’s mission and vision.