Automotive Technician II - Honolulu District, Oahu
- Amended 7-1-19: Monthly Salary
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN II
5,407.00 per month (WS-11)
Honolulu District, Oahu
- Office of Facilities and Operations - Facilities Maintance Branch, Repair & Maintenance Operations Section, Support Services Unit
- This class reflects a working supervisor who supervises and participates in performing the full range of maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work on computerized systems (e.g. engine/fuel management systems, anti-lock brakes, etc.) in motor vehicles. A position in this class supervises one or more Automotive Technician I positions.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently.
Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- License Requirement:
Applicants must possess a valid license to drive in the State of Hawaii.
Specialized Experience Requirement:
Two (2) years of journey level automotive repair work which involved the independent performance of the full range of mechanical and electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work on motor vehicles. The work must have involved utilizing computerized equipment to test, analyze, diagnose, and complete repairs of microprocessor-based systems and components on motor vehicles (e.g. engine/fuel management systems, anti-lock brakes, etc.).
- Select Certification Requirements:
1) Lift/carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs unassisted.
2) Lift/carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs assisted by another person and/or use of equipment.
3) Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B.
Copy of Drive's License must be submitted at a time of application. Also, must be able to operate the following:
- Vehicles equipped with air brakes (Restriction Code K)
- Vehicles equipped with standard transmission (Restriction Code O) 4) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
Applicant must possess a minimum of two (2) Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications in any of the four (4) areas: Brakes, Electrical and Electronic Systems, Heating and Air Conditioning and Engine Performance. 5) Valid State of Hawaii Vehicle Inspector Certificate
- All documents submitted to us become the property of the Department of Education.