Oklahoma City Public Schools (OKCPS) is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic visionary to serve as its superintendent and lead a multi-cultural district serving approximately 46,000 students. As the state's largest school district, students are educated throughout 54 neighborhood elementary schools, 16 secondary schools, 2 alternative schools and 15 charter schools located in 135.5 square miles in the center of Oklahoma. OKCPS employs approximately 4,600 administrators, teachers, and support personnel who serve a highly diverse student population.
- OKCPS actively celebrates the diversity in our district, which we believe is part of what makes us special.
- OKCPS offers a combination of traditional, charter, enterprise and alternative education options to provide every student an opportunity to succeed.
- With a budget exceeding half-billion dollars, OKCPS hosts the third largest wireless network in the state, manages the largest restaurant operation in the metro area serving more than 50,000 meals per day, and our large fleet of buses travel to the moon and back more than 5 times per year.
- In the fall of 2016, Oklahoma City voters approved a $180-million OKCPS bond which ensures that our students and teachers will be able to work in comfort, feel safer, and have educational essentials needed for learning.
- Oklahoma City Public Schools Compact – The Oklahoma City Public Schools Compact is made up of leadership of five organizations: Oklahoma City Public Schools, City of Oklahoma City, United Way of Central Oklahoma, The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools and Greater Oklahoma City Chamber, who have agreed to work collectively to support efforts and initiatives to foster school improvement and performance. ReadOKC is a community-wide literacy effort that launched in summer 2017 and a mental health task force is also underway.
- The Foundation for OKCPS offers strategic, focused leadership and support to the district in five key areas: Innovative support to teachers, Community Partner engagement, support of English Language programs, teacher professional development and advocacy.
- OKCPS has a rich history and tradition in athletics. While we are proud of our success on the field, we are even prouder of the young men and women our programs have produced through the years. We are very fortunate to have relationships with committed and innovative partners such as Fields and Futures, Cleats for Kids, Wes Welker Foundation, Police Athletic League, and Mercy Hospital whose collective investment of nearly $10 million dollars helps to enable our mission to create champions on and off of the field.
- OKCPS is proud to have strong programs in visual arts, theatre, music, and dance. We are unique in that we offer so many curriculum options in the arts, including piano, classical guitar, and orchestra; counting our elementary arts programs, we have about 200 in-school arts programs across the district. Our community arts partnerships are also a vital part of our district’s arts education. The district is also excited to be a part of the Arts Partnership for OKCPS, a project of Arts Council Oklahoma City, which provides visual arts, music, theatre, and dance to elementary schools to supplement arts education where it is most needed.
For more information or to apply, visit www.ossba.org/okcps.
Applications will be accepted for this position until March 31, 2018. Candidates selected to interview will be notified by email or phone. Interviews will be held in April 2018, with the hopes of naming a superintendent in May 2018. This timeline is subject to change at the discretion of the Board.