Principal of Gemini Junior High School
- Job Type
East Maine School District 63 is seeking an outstanding educational leader to serve as Principal of Gemini Junior School in Niles, Illinois, for the 2018-19 school year. The new principal will be leading the upcoming transition to a middle school, which will occur with the addition of sixth grade in August 2019. Gemini is currently a community of approximately 750 seventh and eighth grade students. However, in August 2019, the school will grow to include approximately 350 sixth grade students and will become Gemini Middle School.
The ideal candidate will be an educator who:
- Has demonstrated effective instructional leadership.
- Contributes to the District’s collaborative, cohesive administrative team.
- Has strong potential for continued development.
- Demonstrates exemplary communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Can ensure -- before, during, and after the transition to middle school -- that all students receive developmentally responsive, challenging, empowering, and equitable learning opportunities.
The position offers the opportunity for long-term growth and an enriching career in a district that is committed to supporting high achievement and celebrates our diverse community.
Niles, Illinois, has a population of 29,600 and borders the north end of Chicago. Approximately 10 miles east of Lake Michigan, Niles is surrounded by the Villages of Glenview, Morton Grove, and Park Ridge -- and the City of Des Plaines. Gemini is one of District 63’s seven schools.
Candidates must possess or have the ability to obtain the Illinois State Board of Education Professional Educator License General Administrative Endorsement or Principal Endorsement.
To be considered, complete an online application at http://www.generalasp.com/d63/onlineapp/default.aspx