Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Job Type
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
POSITION SUMMARY: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources performs duties to recruit, select, place, train, compensate, evaluate and support all District personnel.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- On a daily basis, plans, sets goals and administers all human resource functions of the District.
- Plans and administers procedures, objectives, and programs for overall District human resources functions.
- Plans, develops and administers selection processes that are fair, unbiased and have a high probability of assuring the best available candidates are employed.
- Administers the policies and system for all leave accounting for the District.
- Builds positive relationships with applicants and employees.
- Provides training and serves as a resource to employees who evaluate applicants.
- Oversees the District substitute call center.
- Oversees the daily administration of the human resources budget and manages employee personnel files.
- Manages and provides information regarding all employee fringe benefits; responds to employee inquiries relating to salaries and/or benefits issues.
- Administers the COBRA and retiree benefits programs and systems.
- Provides information on personnel as requested by the superintendent and serves as a resource in interpreting and clarifying District personnel policies.
- Administers placement of personnel on salary schedules. Periodically evaluates the schedules for effectiveness; also administers placement on extra duty salary schedule.
- Acts as a resource on labor and employment issues.
- Counsels and advises employees on services available; administers employee leave of absence policies.
- Administers pre-employment security checks and maintains oversight of employee physicals, drug testing and the employee assistance program.
- On a monthly basis, plans, supervises and assists in applicant recruitment efforts.
- Administers the employment contract process and ensures that employees maintain appropriate certification as required.
- Manages the development and revision of position descriptions and other duties.
- Recommends policy revisions relating to employees and applicants.
- Administers the employee transfer process.
- Represents the Board of Education as discussion leader for meetings and conference discussions with all employee groups (union negotiations).
- Serves as District contact involving complaints filed with EEOC and Missouri Commission on Human Rights.
- Builds positive relationships with college and university placement offices.
- Develops and implements the professional development program for new teachers and administrators.
- Plans and co-facilitates the professional development plan for all staff.
- Develops and administers the exit interview survey.
- Performs other duties as designated by the superintendent.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree in School Administration required, Doctorate strongly preferred.
- Superintendent certificate.
- Teaching and school administrative experience; central office experience in Human Resources
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and supervisory skills required.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations and HR technology preferred.