Early Childhood and Elementary Education Teachers SY 2018-2019
2018 – 2019 SY Early Childhood Teacher
Eagle Academy Public Charter School welcomes your interest in our organization! We are seeking Early Childhood and Elementary Education Teachers for the 2018-2019 SY!!!
Who We Are:
Eagle Academy Public Charter School, established in 2003, is a high-performing community school in Washington, DC providing an innovative academic program to young children, from PreK-3 through Grade 3 (a total of 920 students), in two campuses located in Wards 6 and 8. The school educates each child through a holistic approach that includes the provision of health and social services. Eagle Academy's goal is to educate every child to the highest level possible. Our academic program focuses on readiness skills using developmentally appropriate activities with an emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics through the Arts (STEAM).
Eagle Academy Public Charter School’s mission is to build the foundation for a promising future for all students in a rich, robust learning environment that fosters creativity and problem-solving abilities. We emphasize cognitive, social, and emotional growth by engaging children as active learners in an inclusive learning environment
Pursue academic excellence for all students
- Model a caring and respectful tone when interacting with children, parents and colleagues;
- Provide hands-on, creative, imaginative learning experiences that lay the foundation for joyful, life-long learning;
- Promote language and literacy development through the use of developmentally appropriate practices;
- Use data to inform and plan for teaching and learning and utilize differentiated instruction across all content areas;
- Ensure that each child reaches reading proficiency by the end of grade 3;
Foster a learning environment emphasizing cognitive, social and emotional growth
- Provide for the cognitive growth and social and emotional competence of all children in order for them to exceed the OSSE Early Learning Standards;
- Engage in a broad array of thoughtful activities that build a bridge between school and home;
Engage in continual professional growth and development
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, grow and develop into a distinguished teacher through content mastery and improved student learning; and
- Contribute to the overall professional learning community by collaborating with colleagues, accepting coaching and other forms of teaching support and actively participating in all professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and/or Special Education from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred;
- Successful completion of the Praxis II Exam;
- 2+ years urban teaching experience strongly preferred; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Community of early childhood practitioners committed to the principles and practices of the Responsive Classroom approach;
- Model early childhood unit that supports and nurtures a continuum of learning from Pre-K 3 to Grade 3;
- Professional environment where developmentally appropriate practices through play-based and inquiry-based learning are valued;
- Theory and principles of evidenced-based early literacy and reading development through professional development; and
- Ongoing professional development and coaching support in all areas.
If you would like to work in a quality school that is family friendly, activity oriented, community centered, and where continual learning is ingrained in our culture, we encourage you to apply!
Visit us at www.eagleacademypcs.org (link is external)
Eagle Academy Public Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.