English Teacher - Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Job Type
Location:Administration or As Assigned
Cleveland teachers do more than just teach. They change lives. We are looking for teachers who are thoughtful, hardworking, interested in collaborating with their peers for the success of all students, and who look at challenges and see opportunity.
1. Teach skills utilizing appropriate resources and activities
2. Instruct pupils in subject matter specific to state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district
3. Adapt materials and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students
4. Adapt the curriculum to provide individual, small group or remedial instruction to meet the needs of every student
5. Encourage students to think independently and to express original ideas
6. Establish and maintain a rigorous and warm classroom culture
7. Identify student needs and collaborate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems
8. Communicate with parents and other school based community members about student progress
9. Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
10. Administer or monitors exams
11. Participate in professional development
12. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities
13. Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which s/he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines
14. Seek to involve parents and community stakeholders in the day to day education of our students
In addition, CMSD teachers should:
1. Hold a Valid Ohio teaching certificate in appropriate subject area (please provide proof of certification)
2. Have a Bachelor's degree in Education or relevant degree.
3. Be Highly Qualified in appropriate subject area
4. Provide evidence of exemplary classroom teaching experience
5. Possess a special commitment to helping urban students to succeed
6. Possess an understanding of what it means to provide access to rigor for students who have historically been underserved
7. Demonstrate ability to work in collaboration with administrators, teachers, parents and community
8. Ability to work well as part of an interdisciplinary team
9. Care about building connections with students and their personal identities
10. Have a track record of succeeding when faced with challenging work
Please submit your resume and application using our online Workday system.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen.
At CMSD, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. CMSD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.