Superintendent/CEO Search for Trotwood-Madison City Schools
Superintendent/CEO Search for
Trotwood-Madison City Schools
Assisted by Montgomery County ESC and K-12 Business Consulting,
Our mission is to graduate all students prepared to excel in a global society with a commitment to lifelong learning by guaranteeing a challenging curriculum facilitated by an innovative and dedicated staff, community participation and state-of-the-art resources in a stimulating atmosphere.
High School (9-12)
Middle School (6-8)
Elementary School (4-5) Elementary School (2-3)
Learning Center (Pk-1)
District ADM 3,350
Number of FTE’s
Administrative Staff: 30
Teaching Staff: 186
Support Staff: 181
The Trotwood-Madison City School District is located in the Northwest corner of Montgomery County and is home to approximately 30,000 residents which is the fourth largest population in Montgomery County. The district is 28 square miles and
within its borders provides diversified residential developments that include affordable single-family housing along with easy access to nine parks and recreational sites such as Sycamore Woods State park and Madison Lakes Park. The district is conveniently located to the Dayton metropolitan area along State Route I-70 and I-75 providing easy access to nearby shopping, Dayton International Airport, and educational opportunities at University of Dayton, Wright State University, Central State, and Wilberforce University.
The Superintendent Search
The Trotwood-Madison City Schools Board of Education is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Superintendent due to the retirement of Kevin Bell. It is expected the new superintendent will take office on or before August 1, 2018. K-12 Business Consulting and the Montgomery County ESC is assisting the Board with the search.
Leadership Criteria and Qualifications/Responsibilities
The Trotwood-Madison City Schools Board of Education has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of superintendent. The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership in the district and community. The CEO must maintain integrity and high standards of ethics in all matters .
Among other attributes sought, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following major characteristics:
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills to maintain a strategic direction; Strong spokesperson who can publicly celebrate and market the successes of the school district; Chief executive who will keep the Board fully informed and current with matters about the schools, one who will forge a strong partnership based on mutual trust and respect; Decisive educational leader with a strong background in student achievement who, after considering staff and community input,
can make and defend decisions in a positive manner; Visionary and innovative skills along with an ability to produce short and long range plans for ongoing improvement; Articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work tactfully, creatively and visibly with board members, administrators, staff, students, parents, community, and elected state officials;\| Ability to instill trust in the community and at all staff levels; Willingness to become an active and contributing member of the school community and be comfortable with high visibility and accessibility; Educational team leader who is able to develop, supervise and support teaching and administrative talent, who inspires high
performance standards with accountability, and finds satisfaction in the success of others. Successful experience as a Superintendent is desirable and preferred, but not required.
Compensation and Terms of Employment
The Board intends to offer the successful candidate a contract, as per law. The base salary range is expected to be $129,000 to $159,000 but is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trotwood-Madison City Schools Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is offered without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, economic status, age, disability, legally acquired genetic information, military status or sexual orientation.
The Board of Education
Denise E. Moore, President (12 Years)
Vanessa Jeter-Freeman, Vice Pres. (14 Years)
Myra Bozeman, Member (New)
Norman Scearce, Member (New)
Vacancy to be filled (New)
Operating Millage 6.20
Outside Voted 55.86
Effective Residential 39.32
Effective Commercial 46.59
Permanent Improvement 2.51
Total Valuation $211,482,300
Appropriations – FY18
General Fund $37,970,300
Total – All Funds $47,713,662
General Fund Revenue
Local Taxes 20.2%
State Funds 68.0%
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
- A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and interest; A completed Superintendent application found at:
- An up-to-date resume; List three (3) references from associates or board members who can speak to candidate qualifications and work experience;
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License;
- Credentials and transcripts.
There are many great things happening in Trotwood-Madison City Schools. The list below are just some of the great things happening here:
- 98% of third grade students met the Third Grade Reading Guarantee benchmark score for promotion using the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessment for reading. Fifty-two (52) students completed college coursework and earned post-secondary credits in 2015-16. Students were awarded $1,573,000 in scholarship dollars. Increased district attendance rate from 93.5% to 94.3%, which reflects a significant decrease in student absences. Incorporated systematic use of Positive behavior and Intervention Supports (PBIS) in all buildings to strengthen school climate. Implemented Understanding by Design (UbD) as the District's instructional framework to elevate heightened learning expectations and outcomes for all students. Benefited from community -based volunteers assisting in schools to support learning. Fed over 20,000 meals throughout the community through our Summer Food Program, which also employed several TMCS students through the Montgomery County Youth Works initiative. Used capital improvement funds to resurface the track and refurbish the High School fitness facility with state of the art strength and cardio equipment. Received multiple Certificates of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. Refinanced Debt to save $464,000 over the life of the loan. TMCSD High School won the State Football Championship and finished 15-0. They were also finished number 1 in the High School Football America Ohio Top 25. Madison Park Elementary has been recognized as a High Progress School of Honor and a National Title I Distinguished School.
Announce Vacancy 01.23.2018
Application Materials Due 03.12.2018
Initial Interviews 03.21 & 22.2018
Final Interviews 04.02.2018
Action to Employ 04.09.2018
Est. Begin Employment On or before 08.01.2018
Deadline is March 12, 2018
Note: Applicants should not make personal contact with any Board of Education members.
All application material can be mailed or emailed to the following:
K-12 Business Consulting
“Trotwood-Madison City Schools Superintendent Search”
P.O. Box 476
New Albany, OH 43054 firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct questions concerning the position to:
Chris Mohr at 614.580.8544 or email@example.com
Frank DePalma at 937-477-3834