Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- Grade Level
- Early Childhood
Special Education Certified/Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Early Childhood Center
Division/Department: Special Education
Job Category: Teacher
Title: Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
*Kansas Teaching Certificate
*Early Childhood Handicapped certification or Unified
*Certification, or willingness to pursue this certification
*Flexibility in schedule (some evening hours required)
*Computer/Word Processing skills
*Strong interpersonal skills/collaborative skills
Reports To: Early Childhood Program Principal, Director of Special Education
Supervises: Supervision of paraprofessional(s)
To be responsible for both the early childhood instructional services and the early childhood special education services of eligible pre-kindergarten-age children, ensuring that the educational and developmental needs of all children are addressed.
Support connections with families through home visits, parent-teacher conferences, regular, positive communications, and through curriculum-based Home Links and monthly newsletters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee performing the duties of this position is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, bend, stoop, and reach. The employee may be occasionally required to manually lift, move, or carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to interact with staff and meet the demands of several different people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. The employee occasionally works extended hours. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to maintain regular and good work attendance and come to work on time.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieves information from a computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and staff information.
- Responsible for intake duties (completion of necessary forms) and referring families to appropriate service providers. Responsible for coordinating necessary services through the development of an IEP. Ultimate goal being to provide services in a least restrictive environment as possible.
- Develop appropriate multi-disciplinary IEP's in collaboration with the staffing team.
- Assist with the development implementation and monitoring of the individual education plan.
- Facilitate students' transition to an appropriate program.
- Implement the program curriculum (Curiosity Corner) with fidelity.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that fosters a culture of learning with high expectations for all.
- Adjust instruction to respond to individual learning needs.
- Monitor the developmental progress of all students, according to current Kansas Early Learning Standards and monitoring progress towards IEP goals.
- Gather data as required by KSDE Grants funding the program
- Collaborate with Itinerant ESS staff, English Language Learner staff, Related Services Provider, Family Services Worker and other support staff, according to the needs of the children and families and the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Determined by placement on teacher salary schedule.
Evaluation Frequency: Job performance will be evaluated a minimum of 1 time per year.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Geary County USD #475 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and/or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For questions or complaints based on race, color, national origin, sex or age, please contact the USD 475 Director of Human Resources, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000. For questions or complaints based on disability, please contact the USD 475 Director of Exceptional Student Services, 123 N. Eisenhower, Junction City, KS 66441. Telephone: 785.717.4000
Apply for Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly