Assistant Superintendent of Academics and Innovation
- Job Type
The Eden Prairie School District is seeking applicants for the Assistant Superintendent of Academics and Innovation. This key leadership role will serve as the primary academic advisor to the Superintendent and serve as a member of the Superintendent's Cabinet. Responsibilities include K-12 student achievement and continuous improvement to include eliminating achievement disparities by race, overseeing innovation processes and practices, evaluation and reporting, and leading district initiatives. The Assistant Superintendent of Academics and Innovation supervises the K-12 principals and collaborates with all district departments, including: personalized learning, student support services, early childhood, community education, human resources, communications, and business services to ensure high quality educational experiences for each student. Eden Prairie is a school district with over 1,500 employees serving approximately 8,800 students. The district is recognized for its quality initiatives and its leadership in educational programming.
- Minimum 5 years serving as an educational administrator.
- MN Licensure as a Principal required.
- MN Licensure as a Superintendent required.
- Master’s degree required; Doctorate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, innovative practices, and improving academic outcomes to eliminate achievement disparities.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience as a building principal highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success as an educational leader.
- Knowledge of on-line learning and project-based learning best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution to resolve parent and student issues/concerns.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with parents, staff, and community members.
- Demonstrated experience in consensus building and decision-making.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Proficient at problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated high quality customer service.
- Experience creating culturally relevant and responsive educational environment to ensure success for EACH student.
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience working with parents, school boards, community members, the administrative team, and other constituent groups.
- Understands effective data collection and use of data to inform decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology and system to analyze, evaluate, and report.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and effectively manage ambiguity.
- Experience with producing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.