Superintendent of Schools
The Rutland City Public Schools Board of School Commissioners is hiring for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
Rutland is vibrant community of about 17,000 residents with a student population of around 2,100 in its pre-K-12 public schools. Northeast and Northwest Primary Schools, Rutland Intermediate and Rutland Middle Schools in the City feed into Rutland High School. Rutland High School is the flagship of the district, and the school of choice in the region. Rutland is also the site of the Stafford Technical Center which serves students from throughout Rutland County.
Rutland has a thriving arts community, a year-round farmers’ market, and plenty of outdoor adventure options including nearby Killington and Okemo Ski Resorts, and 16 miles of the best hiking and mountain biking at Pine Hill Park.
Traditionally a manufacturing center for the State of Vermont, the Rutland Region’s workforce is engaged in high-tech enterprises in the aviation field, mining extraction and processing, wood products, specialty foods, and more. Our diversity continues to be a strength for this region, enabling us to weather economic cycles without the high or low extremes that often plague those regions with high concentrations in one sector.
The Superintendent will be held to a high standard. Rutland City Board of School Commissioners seek a visionary leader to support our superior faculty and staff members in our expectations for excellence for all in our learning community.
Compensation is attractive and commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits plan including State Pension, City Pension, and Health Insurance. Position to begin July 1, 2018.
- Current license as a Vermont Superintendent of Schools. If you are moving from another state, reciprocity is not automatic so please contact the Vermont Agency of Education as soon as possible at 802-479-1700
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree preferred, Master’s Degree required
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
- This is a full-time position with the School Board setting the length of contract
Applicants should submit the following directly online to: www.schoolspring.com on or before January 2, 2018:
- A cover letter stating reasons for submitting application
- A current resume citing education, positions held, and relevant experience
- An official transcript of courses taken, degrees attained, and grades earned
- Three current letters of reference
For additional information Contact:
Peter Mello: Search Consultant