Superintendent, Greenburgh-Graham Union Free School District
- Job Type
The Greenburgh-Graham School District provides a structured nurturing therapeutic environment with ongoing assessment and data-driven targeted intervention as well as instruction that serves and supports the growth of over 300 students to overcome significant challenges, so they can learn and thrive in school and life. Located less than 5 miles from New York City, Greenburgh-Graham is an accredited day and residential NYS public school district for students aged 5 to 21 years. The program is designed to support students with academic and emotional/behavioral challenges. Student referrals are usually made by a local school district’s Committee on Special Education (CSE) or the local Department of Social Services.
- The Greenburgh-Graham elementary, middle and high schools are staffed with dedicated professionals – trained in state-of-the-art instructional strategies – who provide quality instruction and support to their students.
- Elementary through middle school students receive intensive specialized instruction in reading, writing and spelling through a language-based learning program. This program uses research-based, structured, systematic, multi-sensory approaches.
- The High School program offers a variety of classes to meet a student’s needs at all levels of instruction. Through an individualized approach, the District prepares each student for the achievement of the required New York State assessments and a successful career pathway. The goal is for each student to achieve a high school diploma and either go on to pursue college studies or vocational training to become productive adults.
- The District staff holds every student to a very high standard and provides the support to achieve it. Each student is given needed assistance, instructional strategies and accommodations to motivate improved academic achievement. Students are encouraged to take positive risks and to develop self-confidence.
- Through the generous support of Hewlett Packard the High School has a state of the art technology program that supports the High School curriculum in creative and far reaching ways.
Screening is ongoing. Compensation is competitive with superintendent packages in this area. Start date no later than July 1, 2018.
For more information and to apply for this position visit www.hyasearch.com