- Job Type
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS – St. Joseph, Missouri
The St. Joseph School District Board of Education invites exceptional candidates to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
St. Joseph, Missouri is a city of 76,500 located approximately 45 minutes north of Kansas City. While within the greater Kansas City area and only 30 minutes from the Kansas City airport, St. Joseph has its own local newspaper and multiple television stations. The St. Joseph School District is the second oldest school district in Missouri and has a long tradition of serving and empowering its students. The district is currently focusing on continuous improvement strategies.
The St. Joseph School District educates approximately 11,200 students K-12 and 420 preschool students. The district includes three high schools, four middle schools, 16 elementary schools, an early childhood center, a technical school and an alternative high school. The district serves the diverse population, which is approximately 75% white, 8% African-American, 8% Hispanic, and 9% other. The community is also economically diverse with a free and reduced lunch population of approximately 65%. The district seeks a leader with a background in serving its diverse student population and a commitment to increasing the success of all students.
The School District has an operating budget of $123,820, 009, receives 49% of its funds locally, spends approximately $9,000 per student (per WADA), and will end the school year with a 16.5% fund balance of its operating budget.
The Superintendent position offers:
- A competitive salary within the region
- The opportunity to lead a talented, committed faculty and staff
- Engagement with parents and citizens
Search Calendar: (The Board reserves the right to extend all dates.)
- Accepting applications through January 2018
- Names of selected candidates taken to the Board in January 2018
- Superintendent named in February 2018
- Superintendent starts: July 1, 2018
- Apply for the position through the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT website -- http://www.schoolexecconnect.com/available-positions .
- Please submit all required information through this website.
Interested candidates can seek more information from the SCHOOL EXEC CONNECT team conducting the search: Dr. Craig Larson, Dr. Marsha Chappelow, Dr. Antoinette Johns, and Dr. Dave Benson. Dr. Craig Larson, team lead, is available at: email@example.com or 314-267-6992.