Associate/Assistant Superintendent (Multiple Positions): Chief of Staff, COO, Chief of Talent
The Hamilton County Department of Education, located in Chattanooga, TN, is seeking to fill three critical Associate/Assistant Superintendent positions. We are creating a world-class education for each student in Hamilton County and have a goal of becoming the fastest-improving school district in the state of Tennessee. We are looking for motivated, focused leaders in three areas:
Chief of Staff:
The purpose of this job is to be a liaison between the Superintendent and Board members, school administrators, employees, parents, community, and other stakeholders, and to provide effective leadership for the assigned areas.
- Master's Degree in education or related field
- 5 years minimum experience in working directly with superintendents, executive cabinet leaders, school board members, non-profits or community partnerships, strongly preferred.
- Experience in an urban school district is preferred.
Chief Operating Officer:
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is the executive administrator for the Offices of Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Technology, and District Capital Planning. The COO is responsible for overseeing the finances associated with the day to day and long-term business operations of HCDE. These activities include the responsibility for budgeting and accounting of funds in excess of 400 million dollars received and disbursed by the county.
The COO is also responsible for activities associated with non-agency business office related functions. These activities center on providing technical assistance to the District in the areas of school finance, school business operations, benefits, technology, and other District programs including child nutrition and school health programs. Further, reports to the School Board on the financial condition of the school system.
Lastly, the mission of the COO is to ensure that the business and business related operations of HCDE operate in an efficient and effective manner, so that the primary focus of the agency is to increase student achievement and make HCDE the fastest improving school district in the state of Tennessee.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in public or business administration, education or other similar fields required. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of experience leading and managing the operations of an urban public school system or similar organization required.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience working directly with superintendents, executive leaders, school board members, non-profits, or community representatives preferred.
Chief of Talent:
The purpose of the Chief Talent Officer (CTO) is to develop and direct HCDE's talent in order to maximize the direct impact on overall student achievement. The CTO will be responsible for the management and development of processes and programs that drive the attraction, retention, management and development of highly effective talent. The position will also provide leadership for the development and execution of Human Capital and HR strategies in order to support the overall strategic plan of the district, specially in the areas of recruitment and selection, on-boarding, coaching and evaluation, workforce planning, professional development, talent and leadership development, succession planning, organizational development, employee engagement and relations, general compliance, and compensation.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Business, Human Resources Management, School Administration and Supervision, Educational Leadership, Organizational Development or a closely related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible management level experience that includes substantial experience in HR and Talent Management, or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- SPHR, PHR Certification Preferred
To view complete job descriptions for all three positions, visit http://bit.ly/2zWqOLH
Applications are available through the link. To apply, complete a PROFESSIONAL application.