Senior Vice President of Administration & Operations
- Job Type
Position Title: Senior VP of Administration and Operations - US Campuses
Location: Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) – Seattle, WA
Position Status: Full-time
Salary Range: Negotiable based on experience
Employment start date: Immediate start
Additional Information: Excellent fringe benefit package includes a 401K (currently no matching), medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employee. Voluntary plans include Aflac and Flexible Spending Accounts. Employees also accrue 10 days sick leave (inclusive of sick and safe leave) 10 days’ vacation days plus shutdown between 24 Dec and 1 January and observe 10 holidays per year.
Category Status: Exempt Employee
Position Summary: The Senior VP of Administration and Operations – US Campuses (based in Seattle, WA) will provide leadership, management and oversight of all operations of AIE’s campuses within the United States and facilitate their growth and expansion. This position reports to the CEO who is based in Australia.
Purpose of Position: The Senior VP of Administration and Operations - US Campuses is responsible for providing leadership, management and oversight of all operational affairs, including HR, IT, Compliance and Marketing. This role will drive sustainable growth and expansion of AIE within the US, with the introduction of new course offerings more suited to the US marketplace and the establishment of 2 or more new Campuses within the next 5 years. This position is a key member of AIE’s Executive Management Team and will be responsible for effective communication with high-level executives and managers at partner institutions, private sector partners as well as State and Federal political stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position: The selected candidate will be responsible for managing AIE US operations under the direction of the CEO. Specifically, the selected candidate will be responsible for the:
- Manage and deliver all aspects of US institutional compliance in coordination with the US Campus Heads of School and the US Financial Controller as it relates to data and exhibit collection for accreditation reports as well as all required federal and state reports. The Senior VP of Administration and Operations takes a lead position in all aspects of institutional research.
- Leading and facilitating the strategic financial planning and governance required to meet AIE’s strategic objectives
- Organization, alignment and delivery of all administrative operations.
- Regular Review of Policies and procedures, student and employee handbooks to ensure compliance
- Liaising closely with the AIE’s Executive Management Team to ensure quality outcomes using the range of expertise within AIE.
- Working with AIE US Campus Heads of School’s and the US Financial Controller in reviewing, updating, maintaining and assuring compliance with all policies, MOUs and other relevant documents.
- Human resources and the development of a talent management framework that optimizes staff performance, job satisfaction and engagement.
- Oversee facilities use and development including oversight of management, master planning, public safety and security, transportation and parking.
- Oversee marketing staff and operations including performance monitoring
- Oversee compliance including budget, finance, reporting, and oversight of auxiliary services, contracts and grant administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Essential Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to education.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible positions, preferably in higher education.
- Evidence of a leadership role in current organization.
- Strong management experience and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven entrepreneurial ability to take the initiative and drive growth.
- Technological adept and adaptable.
- Experience overseeing marketing efforts and initiatives.
- Demonstrated the ability to train and mentor employees, lead a productive and engaged team and to positively resolve conflict and address competing interests.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve; and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree required in business administration, higher education administration or a related field.
- Experience leading educational institutions at a college level.
- Experience liaising and reporting to State and Federal accrediting agencies and boards.
- Prior experience, expertise or interest in the IT and/or interactive entertainment industries.
Physical demand: This position is based in a general office setting, with regular interstate and occasional international travel required to manage institutional relationships. Being able to lift 30lb’s plus may be required when assisting with events.
Nondiscrimination Policy: The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is committed to an inclusive and welcoming environment for students, employees, and visitors. As such, AIE does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions, policies, scholarships, loans and any other programs or activities administered by AIE based on, but not limited to, the following: class, sex, gender identification/expression, sexual identification, nation, religion, race, color, creed, ethnic origin, veteran/military status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, education, age, domestic/marital status, and any other perceived differences. AIE encourages individuals from all backgrounds to be themselves and feel welcome at our campuses and at AIE sponsored events.
About the AIE: AIE is a non-profit educator established in Australia in 1996 to grow and support the game industry. AIE established campuses in Seattle (WA) and Lafayette (LA) in 2011 in demand for affordable games and film education in the United States. Our unique curriculum provides students with the training needed to join our other graduates as entrepreneurs, leaders, and innovators in the video game and film industries. We were one of the first colleges in the world to offer specialized training for 3D animation and video game development. AIE’s innovative and pioneering partnership approach to education connects students to outstanding career opportunities, while providing regional employers with a highly educated, skilled workforce.
AIE Mission Statement: AIE trains students for employment and career opportunities in 3D animation, game development and related fields through the provision of world class education as well as acting as a catalyst to build these industries.
More searches like this
- Administrator College/University Full-Time jobs in Seattle
- Executive Director / Director College/University Full-Time jobs in Seattle
- Finance / Business / CFO College/University Full-Time jobs in Seattle
- Operations / Transportation College/University Full-Time jobs in Seattle
- Specialist / Coordinator College/University Full-Time jobs in Seattle