We want YOU here!
What Makes You a Good Fit?
- Completion of an education specialist or doctoral degree preferred
- South Dakota administrative certificate and school superintendent endorsement eligibility
- Minimum five years successful K-12 teaching experience. K-12 administration experience
What Makes SFSD a Good Fit?
- Compensation: $144,604 to $190,267, based on experience
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Additional Benefits: Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement: South Dakota Retirement System - 6% monthly staff contribution with a matching 6% monthly employer contribution
Essential Functions & Duties
- Functions as the primary academic leader of the District, ensuring alignment of instructional objectives with state frameworks and best practices to enhance student achievement, instructional quality, and community engagement across all grade levels from PreK to Age 21.
- Spearheads the implementation of curriculum, student and educator performance objectives, and curriculum standards across all educational levels from PreK to Age 21.
- Provides leadership in the development, writing, and implementation of policies and procedures for the school district.
- Ensures that the district operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements and reflect the best thinking and practices of educators and professionals in their respective fields.
- Develops, plans, and executes a comprehensive professional development program for all staff members.
- Supervises and guides the Special Services Department to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Provides strategic direction in conceptualizing and executing instructional research initiatives, including pilot studies on curriculum, pedagogy, and technology integration, as well as the introduction of new academic offerings.
- Coordinates the District's assessment program including the oversight of assessment development, data analysis, and reporting of outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the study of enrollment patterns and demographics or possible changes in attendance areas, assignment of staff, and program quality.
- Analyzes program results to identify areas for improvement and implements targeted strategies accordingly.
- Manages budgets for Staff Development, Curriculum Services, and Library Services, ensuring optimal resource allocation.
- Assists in the development of budgets including staffing needs, instructional materials and resources, and provision for the activities of the district.
- Reviews and collaborates on School Improvement Plans, maintaining regular communication with principals to track progress towards District and school-level objectives.
- Stays abreast of national educational research to inform District-level research studies aimed at enhancing student achievement.
- Supervises the Instructional Coach program, including recruitment, professional development, and performance evaluation.
- Oversees the District's implementation of the state mentoring program to support new educators.
- Participates as needed and/or requested in the selection and orientation of principals and other staff.
- Provides guidance and support to principals on various aspects of instructional leadership.
- Assists principals and district-level administrators in the development of leadership skills.
- Assists in principal evaluations to ensure alignment with academic goals and standards.
- Collaborates with the executive leadership team to address principals' needs and ensure efficient functioning of central office departments.
- Attends Board of Education meetings in open and executive sessions as required.
- Represents the District on committees, participates in relevant activities, and fulfills assignments delegated by the Superintendent or as part of the District policy.
- Oversees the efficient and effective operation of the Community Learning Centers (CLC).
- Fosters effective communication among all stakeholders within the school community.
- Supervises and/or completes reports to the State Department of Education and the Federal Government.
- Maintains proficiency in the field of education, staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent to support the overall mission and goals of the District.
To be considered for employment, please complete an application at https://sf.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=6113