23-24 - Cherokee Middle School - Bilingual Resource Teacher - 1.0 FTE Cherokee Middle
MMSD is seeking highly motivated and energetic teacher applicants for openings for the 2021-2022 school year. The Madison Metropolitan School District actively seeks and encourages women and candidates of color to apply.
Becoming a Model School District
The Madison Metropolitan School District has a simple but bold vision - that every school will be a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career and community. We know that vision doesn't come to life without the very best leaders throughout our district. Our strategy is captured is our strategic framework, and centers on three major goals: that all children achieve academically, that our schools are places where children and adults thrive, and that our Black youth excel at school. We have made major gains and are more resolved than ever to build on our progress.
We know this vision doesn't come to life without dynamic leaders in every school. For more information on our teacher screening and selection process, please visit our TEACH Madison webpage.
About Our District
The Madison Metropolitan School District is the second largest school district in Wisconsin. The district serves a beautifully diverse population of more than 27,000 students. More than half are students of color. Almost half come from low income households. Nearly one third are English Language Learners, and more than 100 languages are represented in our schools. Madison schools are committed to making this district a place where every child thrives.
- Serving as a bilingual classroom teacher as part of the District's bilingual and English Language Learner (ELL) programs
- Assisting in the development of curriculum for bilingual and ESL instruction in the District
- Providing classroom instruction to students in bilingual classrooms
- Providing additional support and leadership to the bilingual and ESL education programs as requested
- Instructing students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations
- Adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Establishing clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students
- Establishing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible
- Meeting with parents/guardians to discuss their student's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs
Native like fluency in Spanish and English
- High Expectations For Every Student
- Instructional Practice
- Cultural Competence
- Data Proficiency
- Team Collaboration
- Student & Family Engagement
- Resilience & Results Orientation
- Self-Awareness & Growth Mindset
Three Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) teaching licenses, or willingness to pursue all three licenses, in Regular Education, Bilingual Education, and ESL. Your Wisconsin teaching license(s) must be active, or issued prior to the start of your contract. Middle School
- Core Content (Math, Science, English, Language Arts, or Social Studies) or Regular Education
- ESL (preferred)
Bilingual Education is a shortage area for MMSD. We may consider candidates who hold the minimum of a Bachelor's degree, if the candidate is willing to pursue the full certification and license required for the position. The district does not provide financial support for the continued education that is required to achieve the certification. The district does not select or endorse any particular certification program that leads to the required Wisconsin teaching license. A candidate must be hired by a school district in order to apply for a One-Year License with Stipulations with DPI.
MMSD must first consider applicants who are fully licensed to teach bilingual education before considering applicants who are not yet licensed.
For more information about the One Year with Stipulations licensing process: https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/types/license-with-stipulations
To search DPI-approved certification programs: https://apps4.dpi.wi.gov/TepdlUiEppLkp/