Superintendent of Schools
Litchfield School District – School Administrative Unit #27
Litchfield, New Hampshire
The Litchfield School Board seeks exceptional candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
The Litchfield School District seeks a dynamic leader with strong interpersonal and public relations skills, and a commitment to high academic achievement for each student, including;
- A collaborative management style, ability to build consensus, a champion of fairness and equity with experience in promoting partnerships with the community;
- Excellent communication skills, articulate, high energy leadership, highly visible and immersed in the schools and the community;
- A person who will have a realistic understanding of the financial potential of the district to meet student needs;
- A strong advocate for the educational needs of students;
- Well versed in curriculum development, delivery, and implementation;
- Knowledgeable in the areas of school facilities and operations;
- An educator who will be effective in recruiting, hiring and supporting outstanding new staff members.
The town of Litchfield is a small, tight-knit community nestled between Manchester, Londonderry, Hudson and the Merrimack River. Located only 10 minutes from Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, 50 minutes from the beautiful Atlantic beaches, 60 minutes from Boston, Massachusetts, and 90 minutes from the White Mountains, Litchfield's location is ideal for anyone looking for a quiet community with easy access to urban and natural resources. The Litchfield School Board is made up of five community members elected for a three-year term. There are three schools in the community of Litchfield that provide educational services to our students. Griffin Memorial School serves (446) students in grades PreK-4. Litchfield Middle School serves (351) students in grades 5-8. Campbell High School serves (382) students in grades 9-12. The student population is 1,309 students who are served by 300 employees.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of 10 years in public education, five of which will be in administration
- Completion of an advanced degree in Education Leadership (CAGS or higher). Studies shall include School Finance, Personnel, School Planning, Curriculum, Public Relations, School Law, Administration, Business Management and Supervision.
- Current NH Superintendent of Schools Certification or eligible for Superintendent certification by the State of NH
We offer a multi-year contract and a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.schoolspring.com. The following should be attached to your application: letter of interest, resume, three current professional letters of recommendation within the last 6 months, certification, and transcripts and three statement : Your philosophy of Leadership, Your Philosophy of Management and Your Philosophy of Education. Only complete application packets will be reviewed. Application deadline is January 6, 2024, for a July 1, 2024 start.