GLEN RIDGE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The Glen Ridge Public School district is seeking an experienced, innovative, highly motivated educational leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools. Glen Ridge is a high-performing district committed to excellence. The District’s ideal candidate is a dedicated and forward-thinking leader committed to the intellectual growth, character development, and well-being of all students. The successful candidate should have integrity, a strong administrative background, problem solving ability, excellent collaborative skills, and the ability to nurture productive relationships with all stakeholder groups and the community as a whole.
In keeping with the District’s mission statement, “Every student supported, engaged and inspired,” the successful candidate will continue the work of implementing the recommendations of the recent equity and special education audits, as well as the Strategic Plan.
Located in Essex County and roughly 14 miles from New York City, the Borough of Glen Ridge is a residential community of approximately 8,000 residents. The District, which has an annual budget of approximately $39 million, serves approximately 1,850 students in three lower elementary schools (PreK-2), one upper elementary (3-6), and a combined middle school/high school. In 2022 and 2023, Glen Ridge High School was ranked by US News & World Report as the top regular-admission high school in the state. 97.9% of GRHS graduates go on to attend 4-year institutions.
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Principal, and/or other relevant Central Office position preferred
- Experience in curriculum development, personnel management, communications, and short and long-range planning
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- Educational leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A visionary and forward-thinking individual who demonstrates exceptional pedagogical knowledge to meet the needs of all learners
- Ability to work collaboratively while maintaining a culture of mutual respect and trust with students, staff, parents, and community
- Documented history of success in advancing student achievement
- Community Outreach and Engagement
Position Available: July 1, 2024
Application Deadline: January 3, 2024
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience, subject to New Jersey regulations
Please submit application materials electronically to GRSuperintendent@glenridge.org. Please include “Attn.: Glen Ridge Superintendent Search” on the subject line.
Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employe