Middle School/ScienceDate Posted:
Talley Middle SchoolDate Available:
To be determinedClosing Date:
Brandywine School District Benefits Type:
Benefited - Regular Full-Time Reports To:
Building Principal Salary:
Commensurate with the Brandywine School District's Teacher Salary Schedule To Apply:
Please visit our District web site & click on Employment Opportunities Job Goal:
Motivate and teach students scientific attitudes through courses in general, earth, physical science or other sciences using the required course of study. Job Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Education.
- Must have or be eligible for licensure and certification in Delaware for Secondary Science and/or Middle Level Science.
- Experience in various content areas to successfully teach exceptional standards-based instruction in areas to ensure academic growth for all students, including those with special needs.
- Experience in automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation and ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery.
- Exceptional classroom management, organization, planning, instructional delivery, leadership and technical skills and the ability to utilize differentiated instructional methods to engage students in positive learning experiences.
- Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships.
- Commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record and exemplary performance.
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum and integrate technology; maintain pace of learning and provide opportunities for student differences; and check for student understanding and convey appropriately high expectations for students.
- Carefully plan for substitute teachers when unable to attend school and relate lessons to the state content standards in the core content areas as well as in specific content area.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment to encourage all students to be engaged and work toward meeting the standards; maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance; and complete progress and grade reports promptly and as scheduled using automated systems.
- Promote a high rate of student interest and provide prompt and specific feedback in a constructive manner and opportunities for active participation; demonstrate fairness and consistency in dealing with students; and speak and write clearly, correctly and at an appropriate level for student understanding.
- Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of school district and building; communicate effectively with parents and work collaboratively with staff.
- Display high level professional conduct and image at all times; establish and maintain an acceptable attendance record; and participate in extra-curricular activities and/or leadership roles outside the classroom.
- Continue to grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development in specific areas of interest and/or need and coaching and feedback from administrators and peers.
- Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as assigned.