SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
Augusta School Department
Start Date: July 1, 2024
Application Deadline: January 4, 2024
The Augusta School Department is seeking qualified individuals to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools.
Augusta is the capital city of Maine with a residential population of approximately 19,000. Augusta is notable for the National Historic Landmark named Fort Western, a former British colonial outpost on the Kennebec River that today is the oldest wooden fort in the United States. Exhibits at the Maine State Museum trace local and natural history. Blaine House, the state governor’s residence, and the domed 19th century Maine State House are next to the riverside Capitol Park. Augusta is around an hour drive to Portland and Bangor and just over three hours to Boston.
Augusta has one Pre-K-6 school, three K-6 schools, Cony Middle and High School grades 7-12, and Capitol Area Technical Center serving students from eight area schools. Augusta also has a thriving Adult & Community Education program.
We are looking for an individual with the following qualities/qualifications:
- A creative leader with high integrity who is approachable, accessible and comfortable with being visible in our schools and community.
- Able to motivate, lead, guide and direct people.
- Uses a systematic approach to managing and improving schools.
- Strong working knowledge of school finance.
- Able to effectively communicate with Board, staff, community, and local Municipal offices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in current educational practices.
To learn more about Augusta School Department visit our website: www.augustaschools.org.
Click here to view the informational brochure.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and will be negotiated with the Board of Education.
Interested candidates should contact Maine School Management Association for more information and/or to request application materials, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling MSMA at (207) 622-3473.
Augusta Superintendent Search
c/o Maine School Management Association
49 Community Drive
Augusta, ME 04330