The Mathematics Coach will provide personalized support that is based on identified needs of individual teachers and differentiated supports that foster the growth and development of teachers. In addition to strategic content-focused mentoring, coaches will support teachers to develop skills in critical areas such as establishing a positive classroom culture and climate, implementing instructional strategies, analyzing student work, differentiating instruction and supporting English Language learners and student with special needs. Also, coaches will work collaboratively, build skills, analyze data, examine needs related to professional practice and engage in peer coaching with teachers.ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIESMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCESIGNIFICANT CONTACTS-frequency, contact, purposePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSTERMS OF EMPLOYMENTLINK TO JOB DESCRIPTIONSKILLSCOMPETENCIESCERTIFICATIONSLOCATION PREFERENCES/ADDITIONAL INFORPlease Note:
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an educational field or mathematics and a valid Florida Teacher's Certificate in Elementary Education and/or Secondary Mathematics.
- Minimum five (5) years of related teaching experience in subject area and/or level within the last eight (8) years.
- Complete Broward County Public Schools' Instructional Coach Development and Credentialing Program within two (2) years of assignment.
- Progressively more responsible professional educational experience with at least two (2) years of experience in teacher leadership roles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as it relates to instructional practice and working with teachers.
- Demonstrate skillful use of coaching language.
- Ability to establish and maintain a trustful and confidential relationship with adults.
All candidates offered a position at the School Board of Broward County are subject to a national pre-employment background check. Employment is contingent upon the completion and review of a successful background check.
All Applications are Subject to Florida Public Records Law.
Current Employees Sign In to Apply! Internal Employee Career Site